Requisition ID: 231275
Requisition Posting End Date: 12/05/2020
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project Management, Project Controls, Commercial, Safety, Quality and Regulatory Assurance leadership) services.
- Works at project level involved in the delivery of infrastructure several hundred million pounds in value. Reports to the Project Controls Manager.
- Provides comments and recommendations for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for planning and scheduling activities.
- Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete.
- Reviews or assists in reviewing provisions related to schedule and material control and develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
- Interfaces with management and client counterparts for specific planning and scheduling tasks.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Conducts personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Supervises the collection, verification, and integration of work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishes the conceptual scope of schedule studies. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies results. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviews labour estimates for reasonableness.
- Plans and supervises the effort to establish milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure the support of project milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Acts as a point contact with project’s supply chain for the development and integration of individual supplier schedules into the total project plan. Reviews the performing organization’s and unit’s work logics and determines whether the schedules adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Supervises/directs, reviews, and evaluates schedule durations for all disciplines’ activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervises/directs the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
- Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects. Develops bid evaluation and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with suppliers.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises schedule resource loading and leveling. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrates appropriate staffing requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and staffing levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Supervises/directs others in obtaining required schedule information by all disciplines. Supervises others in identifying schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline or group restraints and interfaces.
- Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports critical-path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Supervises project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule workforce and quantity reporting.
- Prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report. Leads the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Prepares and presents planning and scheduling information to management/clients.
- The candidate will have gained scheduling experience across multiple projects in progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- The candidate will have previously led schedule development on multiple projects approaching stage gates and be fully conversant in the scrutiny processes involved.
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present schedule products independently with minimal supervision. This includes using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical planning and scheduling skills and engineering design, construction, and procurement practices.
- Demonstrated advanced capability level with Primavera (P6) and experience in its application on complex engineering and construction projects.
- EPC/EPCM/EVMS experience on major infrastructure programmes.
- Schedule management experience on nuclear and/or defence projects.
- Experience on UK construction projects of >£500M TIC.
- Experience in NEC3/4 working with design and construction contractors and associated contractor schedule review/acceptance and impact assessment protocols.
- APM / PMI qualifications or similar.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC--Security Clearance
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.