Planning Enforcement Officer Greater Manchester
We have an exciting career opportunity for somebody looking to play a key role in the delivery of an effective and efficient planning enforcement service for local authority clients in a successful, rapidly growing consultancy.
About the role
As our Planning Enforcement Officer, you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing our clients, with high quality, timely and output based planning enforcement services. You will be accountable for:
- Undertaking a variety of planning enforcement investigations.
- Preparing accurate, concise, balanced and robust written reports and recommendations.
- Ensuring that all investigations are delivered on time having regard to local enforcement plans, frameworks and performance indicators.
- Contributing towards enforcement appeals in written representations cases.
- Conducting investigations and interviews under the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Contributing to ideas for service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness whilst project managing your work to ensure client KPIrsquo;s are met/exceeded in terms of timeliness and quality of output, adding value wherever possible.
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes
For more than 30 years Capita has been working across the public and private sectors, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity, enhancing their use of technology and data, improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
What you will do
- Be concise and possess the ability to communicate at all levels, be well organised and efficient, have a positive attitude, be proactive and solve problems to produce well balanced outcomes.
- Provide consistently high professional advice on planning enforcement matters to clients, members of the public, councillors and others as necessary.
- Ensure that the speed and quality of decision making in relation to all enforcement investigations does not result in unnecessary appeals or complaints about service.
- Negotiate (where appropriate) with owners, occupiers and agents in order to obtain high quality outcomes within given time constraints set out in our contractual arrangements with our core client and a range of external clients. Apply the full range of powers to secure timely outcomes.
- Provide concise, accurate, justified and timely reports and recommendations on cases applying current legislation and policy changes as appropriate
Your experience will include:
- High level of ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of working as an Enforcement Officer in the public/private sector.
- A demonstrable level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
- Being ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Planning Enforcement service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery.
Whatrsquo;s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development arenrsquo;t optional extras: theyrsquo;re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 dayrsquo;s holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process ndash; click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver