Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensuring water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
To manage and coordinate production levels to satisfy customer on-time delivery expectations while balancing inventory levels and production capacity. Also, perform order management by providing or expediting expected ship dates for customer orders and communicating changes to customer service. Implement pull planning systems and champion development of new planning tools. Position serves as mentors to other Planners and is considered the technical expert.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a master schedule that is consistent with company objectives for customer service levels and inventory levels.
- Using MRP, re-order points, heijunka reports, and product knowledge, provide due dates of assigned products by coordinating with appropriate manufacturing areas. Update priorities as needed.
- Resolve schedule problems throughout the day by closely coordinating with necessary departments.
- Manage raw material levels for both MRP and Kanban parts.
- Activate and/or scan Kanban cards as necessary to ensure proper raw material stocking levels and custom/spike order planning.
- Work with support departments (Purchasing, sister companies, etc.) to maintain correct inventory and safety stock levels.
- Maintain assigned database fields for new and existing products.
- Input and update BOM's and routings, using product knowledge and information provided by other departments.
- Maintain manufacturing notes, work order comments, and assigned item master fields.
- Attend design and implementation meetings to assist in new product introductions.
- Order management
- Meet the promised OTS dates, or expedite orders, via coordination and communication with Production, Purchasing, Shipping, Customer Service and other departments and sister companies.
- Communicate with Customer Service, Analytical Services, Engineering, Inventory Control, Marketing or other areas as necessary to resolve questions and problems on products and customer orders.
- Advise production management regarding current and future work-loads.
- Participate in meetings to plan work-load, expedite out-of-stocks, plan resource utilization, work on projects, resolve problems, etc.
- Manage Inventory levels for assigned report codes
- Manage database fields for safety stocks, lot sizes, and lead times to minimize inventory while providing appropriate stock availability.
- Use scheduling techniques to achieve increased flexibility, floor space and turnaround time by reducing work-in-process inventory and overall lead times.
- Initiate NCNs to quarantine, re-work and control non-conforming products
- Implement ECO changes in accordance with the quality system guidelines
- Suggest improvements and support kaizen and DBS activities
- Comply with company safety and good housekeeping policies
- Utilize programming resources and other as needed to define better planning methods, tools, and processes. Train other planner in these new tools, and ensure proper and timely implementation.
- Monitor the planner group in regards to DBS implementation and feedback to supervisor as needed.
- Mentor other planners in using the new DBS/lean tools effectively and reducing their waste.
- Cross-train the planners and others as needed to ensure back-ups are available and ready when needed.
Other Non Essential Functions:
- Assist with inventory transactions and problems.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent AND one of the following 2 requirements:
1. BS Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain (topics are covered within curriculum)
2. All of the following
- Standard work kaizen completion with demonstrated understanding of task time vs. cycle time
- DMP kaizen completion with demonstrated understanding of ROP, SS, leadtime and impact of variation on ROP
- DMP kaizen completion with demonstrated understanding of benefits of pull vs MRP
- Previous experience with cycle count
- 3 or more years experience as a Planner I or with MRP planning and pull planning systems required
- Previous experience with inventory control beneficial
- Proficient PC skills with Microsoft products
- Math skills, including decimals and conversion factors (metric/English)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external contacts
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes
- Creative and innovative
- Organized, efficient, accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to make fact based decisions
- Ability to assimilate and use a broad spectrum of information
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to complete accurate work with frequent interruptions
- Possess working knowledge of computer inventory systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.