Vertex Inc. is currently looking for a Partner Manager who will be responsible for maintaining and building the strategic relationships with the market leading ERP and eCommerce companies. This role is focused on driving business relationships at all levels of the partner organization; leveraging these relationships for revenue growth within various Vertex sales channels. The Partner Manager will collaborate the respective partner strategy and activities with Vertex executive, sales, marketing, development, partner and product leadership and other internal functional teams as required to execute on appropriate partner strategy and go-to-market plans.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
Develop, cultivate, and lead relationships for partner and business-related activities.
Interact with all levels of the partner leadership (executive, solutions, partner, development and sales) to maintain and grow existing partner relationships.
Manage the partner channel planning and operational activities - partner strategy, market development, business planning, and forecasting.
- Execute Vertex go-to-market plans related to partner objectives and sales goals.
- Creation of partner account plan and providing quarterly updates for executive management
- Collaborate with Vertex Sales Channel Manager to drive Vertex awareness through the partner and sales ecosystem
- Properly position Vertex solutions through the partner's customer channel.
- Manage Vertex participation and drive channel activities at industry and/or partner events (user groups, associations).
- Promote Vertex solutions through the channel and generate additional Vertex product and services demand through trade shows, webcasts, demos, etc.
- Address industry groups through public speaking, presentation development and delivery, etc.
Provide support to Vertex global sales and channel teams activities.
- Develop and open relationships with appropriate Partner sales and channel leadership.
- Provide subject matter expertise in pre-sales activities (either directly or directing team resources) participating on sales conference calls, meetings and in RFP processes.
- Promote and support Partner solution education internally; coordinating knowledge transfer, training, documentation, and facilitating Vertex operational readiness.
- Ensure Vertex Alliances (BIG 4 and mid-tier accounting firms) are aware, trained and supported for respective Partner integrations with Vertex solutions and products.
- Lead or participate in other go-to-market projects or duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel required.
Education & Training:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- MBA and/or CPA equivalent experience recommended
- ERP, Tax/Tax Technology or Tax Professional Certifications and/or Credentials desired
- years in a partnering, sales and/or business development role with responsibilities to meet and exceed financial targets within the channel
- Experience working with financial business and/or eCommerce applications
- Experience with tax software desired
- Experience in developing go-to-market plans and joint marketing materials for partner channels
- Demonstrated business development, negotiation skills with results-orientation to meet and exceed channel financial and customer satisfaction goals.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of the financial/accounting business processes (sales, purchasing, billing, GL) ast it relates to transaction tax flow
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, decision making, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Negotiates effectively toward win/win outcomes
- Self-motivated, accountable approach and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Takes initiative to follow through on requests and commitments.
- Exercises strong business judgment
- Recommends actions that are consistent with Vertex objectives and goals
- Perceives multiple alternatives to each situation.
- Ability to become a trusted advisor and recommend thoughtful solutions to business challenges.
- Effectively optimizes partner opportunities through all reasonable means.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Fosters collaboration with channel stakeholders and shares what they know and researches what they do not know
Since 1978, over 10,000 corporate customers have relied on Vertex, the leading provider of corporate tax software and services for companies of all sizes, from small to medium-sized businesses to global multinationals.
Combining advanced technology and an exceptional team of experienced tax experts, Vertex enables companies to realize the full strategic potential of the corporate tax function. Our offerings are showcased by a data-driven, open-architecture approach to tax technology, unlocking huge process and productivity gains.
Vertex is considered a premier partner to Oracle, SAP, and works closely with the Big 4 and other leading software providers, as well as tax and accounting firms to provide the most integrated enterprise tax technology solutions available today.
Vertex was awarded one of the "Top Workplaces" in the Delaware Valley and "The Best Place to Work in Pennsylvania." Known for its innovative culture, Vertex is a privately held company that employs over 900 professionals across the globe, at its headquarters in the U.S. (Berwyn, Pa.) and offices in Europe (London), Brazil (So Paulo), Dallas, Fort Collins, Naperville, Phoenix, San Francisco, Sarasota and Seattle.
For more information about Vertex, visit www.vertexinc.com.
Vertex Inc. (Vertex) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vertex does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
*Search Firm/Agency Representatives Please Read Carefully: Vertex Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Vertex Inc. via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Vertex Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vertex Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.*
Please note: This is a Pipeline Requisition for potential hiring needs