Mitie provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services that connect people with innovation and technology; helping our clients go beyond FM to the Connected Workspace. We work in partnership with organisations to deliver long-term value, offering a wide range of services - from real estate and energy consultancy, compliance, risk assessment and security systems to cleaning, catering and environmental services. We manage and maintain some of the nation's most recognised landmarks, high street buildings and even homes in your community.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- PPM and maintenance of heating plant, Steam raising plant, compressed air systems, pipework, valves, pumps, heater batteries etc
- Reactive breakdown repairs of heating plant, Steam raising plant, compressed air systems, pipework, valves, pumps, heater batteries etc
- Small installation/replacement of pumps, valves, calorifiers, pipework, heating plant, heater batteries etc
- On call on a rotating schedule including weekend
- To safely and efficiently install, maintain and repair plant and equipment
- To carry out diagnostic and fault finding
- To carry out routine servicing and commissioning to plant
- Maintain plant, PPM, personal and vehicle records
- To identify areas for additional works within and out of the specified contractual requirements
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
Need strong mechanical background for maintenance, including steam, compressed air, pressure systems knowledge and experience.
- Educated to a minimum of City and Guilds (or equivalent) but should preferably have an HNC (or equivalent).
- Should have served time as an apprenticeship or followed a recognised formal training programme and gained additional experience in a related industry environment.
- BOAS/ NIVES accredited preferred but training can be provided
- Full driving licence
- Able to cope under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver tasks in a timly manner
- Calm and logical approach to reactive breakdown
- Good understanding of communication system and Microsoft office software
- Ability to offer solutions to challenges.