40 Hours per week
£12.50 per hour
Fantastic opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join our team at The Chase in Watford. Your role will be to provide high quality treatments and rehabilitation to service-users with complex neurological conditions and other conditions for those requiring physiotherapy support.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To work unsupervised by a physiotherapist for the majority of the time
- To be responsible for individual and group treatments/exercise/classes
- To evaluate and report observations, service-user responses and treatment outcomes.
- To monitor and record progress in the service-users notes
- To measure, supply and adapt mobility aids and equipment
- To monitor and record progress in the service-users note all situations, ensuring safety and security at all times
- To liaise with the multidisciplinary team effectively and appropriately
- To liaise with external therapists or health professionals (as necessary) with regard to care and ensure timely and effective management of potential difficulties
- To liaise with manager, other administrative and support staff as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department
- To be responsible for competent use and maintenance of all equipment and to report defects or safety concerns in a timely manner
- To maintain equipment stock and advise therapists on resources necessary to implement treatment programme
- To undertake routine and general light cleaning/tidying tasks within departmental clinical areas
- To prepare and clean equipment used in treatment after each treatment
- To support less qualified staff through teaching and supervision
- To flexibly plan and organise own time, caseload, meetings and training and to adjust plans as required according to staffing levels and to meet deadlines
- To carry out assessments and treatments, with moderate to intense physical effort on a daily basis
- To ensure smooth organisation of patient individual and group work
- To be responsible for maintenance of accurate written records
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures of the home, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Knowledge and Experience
- To demonstrate physical ability to carry out required therapy interventions including manual therapy techniques and therapeutic handling
- To be able to motivate and persuade through effective communication skills, with the use of verbal and non-verbal skills
- To demonstrate an awareness of clinical risk and ability to manage clinical risk within own caseload at all times, including observing in
- To be able to cope with occasional, potentially stressful, upsetting or emotional situations in an empathetic manner
- To be aware of own limitations within own scope of practice and to seek assistance where necessary
Skills and Abilities
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to lead, coach and inspire others.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Ability to achieve results
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- CACHE level 2 Certificate in Healthcare Support Services or the CACHE level 2 or 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
- Encouraged to become associate members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- To carry out delegated care assistant duties when required by the Home Manager
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.