We have an exciting opportunity at Holy Cross College for a Temporary Physical Education Assistant to join the team based in Bury. You will join us on a part time / term time / temporary basis and will receive a competitive salary of £11,690 per annum (£18,000 (pro rata) per annum) plus excellent benefits!
The purpose of our Temporary Physical Education Assistant role is to provide support to staff and students, to ensure the effective operation of the PE Department. The postholder will be required to work 29.75 hours per week (in the Autumn and Spring Term) reducing to 21.75 hours per week (in the Summer Term) during term time.
Key responsibilities of the Temporary PE Assistant are:
- To ensure and monitor the correct set-up and safe use of the Sports Hall / gym / sports equipment and that all are stored and maintained to a high standard.
- To instruct students and staff in the correct use of relevant equipment/machines.
- To assist the Curriculum Leader/Director of Sport in the effective promotion and communication of the gym, extra-curricular sport and fitness and volunteering opportunities.
- To assist the Curriculum Leader/Director of Sport in the organisation of extra-curricular sports activities.
- To write and follow risk assessments in relation to activities to be undertaken.
- To maintain the college sports kits.
- To assist with the practical assessments of PE students.
- To maintain appropriate records and activities/participants and provide relevant administrative support in the PE Department.
- To maintain safe practices in sport in accordance with college policy and procedures.
- To undertake sports coaching in accordance with qualifications and experience.
- To referee sports games in accordance with qualifications and experience.
- To maintain and monitor levels of all necessary equipment and stock and to re-order as appropriate.
- To transport students to and from sports fixtures and other venues as appropriate (following MIDAS training).
Experience and skills required of our Temporary PE Assistant:
- Full driving licence with D1 entitlement or PCV licence (manual transmission).
- Access and use of own vehicle.
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at Grade C or above.
- Level 3 (A Level) qualification(s).
- MIDAS qualification (or willing to undertake relevant training).
- Designated First Aid qualification (or willing to undertake)
- Experience of working with young people.
- Experience of Microsoft Office / Office 365 / electronic file management.
Benefits of becoming our Temporary PE Assistant:
We believe Holy Cross Sixth Form College is a great place to work as we genuinely care about all our staff and want them to be happy working here. In return our staff can expect:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Option to apply for sabbatical leave
- Family friendly policies
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Individualised induction programmes and excellent opportunities for CPD
- Cycle Hire Scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
- VDU eye sight test vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- Various health and wellbeing benefits (including an on-site gym, fitness classes, staff badminton and football)
- Counselling service – face to face counselling as well as access to a confidential telephone counselling service
The closing date is 10.00 a.m. on Thursday 4th June 2020.
If you would like to join our team as a Temporary PE Assistant then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note: CVs are not accepted.
Interviews will take place (remotely) shortly after the closing date.
Holy Cross College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In this respect all applicants are advised that any offer of appointment will be subject to Enhanced Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as well as other relevant recruitment checks.