Pest Control District / Team Manager
Join Ecolab’s industry leading Pest Elimination team as a District Manager in the Watford, London. As a District Manager you will manage a service portfolio in a set geographical location. You will develop and lead a team, including Pest Elimination Service Specialists who provide pest detection, elimination and prevention solutions to restaurants, hospitals, hotels, retail stores, food and beverage plants, schools, nursing homes, and other commercial establishments. Within the team, you will be responsible for coordinating district services, ensuring service excellence, managing open routes, pursuing sales opportunities, and performing quality assurance visits. Participating in recruiting, selecting, coaching and driving performance management is a vital component of the position. You will play a lead role in retaining and growing existing customers by ensuring consistent service delivery and achieving district operating income objectives through ethical and sound business practices. Inspire, motivate, and engage your team to achieve district goals and create shared ownership for success.
What’s in it For You:
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- Company vehicle for personal use also
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive district profitability
What You Will Do:
- Oversee a team of route service specialists responsible for delivering pest elimination solutions to customers
- Effectively select, train, develop and coach service specialists with emphasis on customer retention, growing existing account add-on sales, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop and coach an Associate District Manager on leading the night route service specialists with emphasis on successful district results.
- Manage area business process to maximize route productivity and ensure consistent service delivery
- Fully understand Ecolab protocols and procedures to assure quality service and compliance with applicable regulations / laws
- Manage district P&L to maximize profitability
- Degree and 1 year of Ecolab or people management experience OR a combination of Ecolab, people management or education experience equivalent to a degree
- More than 1 year experience as a Health & Safety Champion (If Internal)
- PC skills: proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Exceptional communication & organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly in both verbal and written English
- Must be able to travel up to 30% including overnight for business
- Must possess or able to obtain RSPH Level 2 Pest Management Award
- Pest industry experience preferred but not essential
- Previous sales experience
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills when handling challenging situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing a remote workforce.
- Business management experience including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service through needs assessment, monitoring quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.