Due to expansion, we are looking for an experienced Pest Control Technician for a growing Yorkshire based business. The successful candidate will be highly customer focused and accustomed to working autonomously when carrying out both pest prevention works and when treating infestations of pests and vermin. The role will involve working from people?s homes to restaurants, sewers, warehouses or farms primarily in Yorkshire however some further travel may be required. You will also be required to use a range of chemicals and equipment to deal with insect pests and vertebrate pests.
The company also provides hygiene services and from time to time you will be expected to assist in this area where your responsibilities will be to service and replenish washrooms.
Experience & Skills Required
- Previous experience in pest control
- Accustomed in liaising with customers
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experienced in handling of chemicals
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Physically fit and good eyesight
- Ability to cope with unpleasant sights and smells
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Education : GCSE English & Maths Grade C & above
- Full UK Driving Licence
- RSPH/BPCA Level 2 Award in Pest Management.
- Awareness of Health and Safety and the Environment
- Basic Maths for measuring and calculating pesticides
- Investigating and identifying pests and how they are gaining access
- Choosing the most suitable way of controlling the pest
- Spraying chemicals to get rid of insects ('fumigation')
- Proofing an area to stop pests returning
- Advising people how to prevent further infestation
- Completing reports and keeping records
- Following strict procedures for handling and storing pesticides
- Ensuring that washrooms are cleaned and sanitised to the highest standards
- Providing a hygiene waste disposal service
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards
- Ensuring equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored correctly
- Starting salary between £19,000-£23,000 dependent on experience
- Overtime rates and commission paid for new business
- Realistic earnings - £28,000 per annum
- Location: Yorkshire Area
- Company van and mobile telephone
- Ongoing training and development
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.