In this busy, varied role as part of 'The Academy', you'll help to research, design and implement cost effective, efficient tools and processes to support each stage of the employee lifecycle.
It's how we'll achieve consistency, optimise employee retention and continue to be seen as an employer of choice. The Academy has three core teams across Recruitment, Training and HR. And we're looking for people with both experience and passion in any of these areas to join us. You'll need to keep calm under pressure, have bags of initiative and excellent communication and organisational skills.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. It means our Recruitment and Training teams have to make sure we have the right people, with the right skills, in the right place.
Health and Safety Assistant
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Personnel Development Assistant, who will specialise in Health and Safety, to join the Academy. Supporting the Health and Safety Director, the successful Health and Safety Assistant will work proactively to achieve compliance with all internal and external guidelines and procedures, utilising their knowledge and experience.
The HR Academy is based in Bolton and is responsible for Recruitment, Training, HR Administration, HR IT and Health and Safety.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing technical or specialist support to the Health and Safety department
• Assisting the Health and Safety department with testing of new procedures and systems
• Liaising with external service providers, internal and external auditors, and external bodies
• Conducting detailed analysis into business processes and performance, proposing and documenting improvements where required
• Creating and coordinating training and roll-out planning to other regions and departments, including producing training materials and documentation
• Acting as a liaison for the Health and Safety department on Health and Safety matters
• Preparing and submitting reports, forecasts and documentation
• Experience within a similar administration/office environment
• Ideally you will have relevant Health and Safety experience or qualifications
• Highly organised
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
• Able to prioritise workload independently
• Able to work individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel
Working hours Monday - Friday, 8am - 4.30pm