Job Title: Support Worker
Hourly rate: £13 per hour
Hours/shifts: 7 am to 6.30 pm, looking for 1 or 2 days per week depending on candidate availability
- An unusually varied care position, combining the provision of personal care along with providing the employer with support work during the day.
- The employer is the Chief Executive of a unique and leading UK charity, giving the employee a diverse work environment and excitement of being part of a wider team.
- To assist with day to day activities which ensure employer is able to live as independently as possible. Personal care in the mornings (toileting, bathing and dressing) and during the day as required.
- To be physically fit and able to assist employer with moving and handling (using equipment where necessary such as a hoist - training will be provided)
- Have the ability to work long days as required, including occasional weekend work
- To be able to travel within Europe
- Hold a British or EU passport, pass security checks and a CRB check
- The work requires flexibility and sometimes being asked to work at short notice
- An interest in charity work, learning new skills and being part of a team
- UK driving licence- I drive my own adapted vehicle, but useful if carer also has UK driving licence
- Access to own vehicle preferred to make transport to my home reliable (as opposed to using public transport)
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
If you are interested in this role of Care Support Worker/ Care Assistant, please click on the apply button below where you will be redirected to our website to complete a full application form. Please call us on 01903 219482 should you require further information regarding this post. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our company please visit us on: http://www.independentlives.org /
Independent Lives is an organisation that supports and empowers people with disabilities to choose how they receive their care that will enable them to live their lives independently. Each advert we place is on behalf of an Individual Employer. All positions are based in the home environment and employment is on a smaller scale than larger businesses. This environment offers a more personalised working relationship and employees are more valued.