Location: London, EC4Y 7HL
The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple is currently seeking a Personal Assistant to the Sub-Treasurer to join their team. The Sub-Treasurer is the Inn’s Chief Executive Officer with overall responsibility for the management and delivery of all the Inn’s activities.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Sub- Treasurer, the Personal Assistant’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide efficient secretarial and administrative support to the Sub-Treasurer, the Executive Assistant to the Sub-Treasurer and the Treasurer, with particular focus on diary and inbox management and daily correspondence
- Initial point of contact for the Sub-Treasurer’s Office, dealing with enquiries from student to senior level stakeholders
- Organise travel and accommodation arrangements (UK and international)
- Undertake some events administration (UK and international)
- Undertake some basic financial administration
- Assist the EA to the Sub-Treasurer with administering the annual election process for new Benchers, including organising briefings with the Sub-Treasurer for newly elected Benchers
- Assist the EA to the Sub-Treasurer in administering the annual survey of Benchers for membership of committees and other activities
- Assisting with various Events and International Administration
- Assist with ad hoc secretarial duties as required
Requirements for the role of Personal Assistant to the Sub- Treasurer:
- Proven experience gained in a similar role - experience gained within education/ membership organisation would be advantageous
- IT literate with good knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication, administrative and organisational skills
- Exceptional time management coupled with ability to prioritise and work under own initiative
- Eye for detail and a high standard of accuracy
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to communicate at all levels with discretion and used to dealing with highly confidential material
- At ease in a high-profile environment and with senior figures in the legal profession, judiciary, government and academia
In return, we offer the following benefits:
- £25,000 per annum plus lunch
- Private health scheme
- Pension scheme (15% employer contribution)
- 25 days’ holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Season ticket loan
From the Easter of 2019, The Inner Temple will embark on a 2-year building project– the so-called “Project Pegasus” (information available on our website here).
* To apply for the role of the Personal Assistant, click APPLY below and attach your most recent CV and a cover letter*
*All applicants must complete an equality and diversity monitoring form while applying.The link to the online form could be found here http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SubT-PA/ *
The Inner Temple is an unincorporated membership association which has existed since the 14th Century. The Inns of Court hold the exclusive right to Call students to practise law at the Bar of England and Wales.
We are an Inn with a global membership that is ever progressive in strengthening and promoting the rule of law and a vibrant, diverse, legal community. Led and shaped by the profession for the profession, we are dedicated to attracting the best candidates and ensuring that everyone, at each stage of their career, has access to excellent education and training resources so they can develop and thrive.