Based in Havant, Hampshire
Salary: £10.00 per hour
I am a professional, hard-working woman with a physical disability who is now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Personal Assistant/Carer to join my team. This is to enable me to live an independent life, maintain my health, safety and support me to achieve my goals and dreams.
As a Personal Assistant/Carer you will provide all aspects of care as directed by myself, within my home, which I share with my assistance dog.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
– Assisting with my personal care – so this role is only open to Female applicants
– Supporting with preparation of meals
– Assisting to keep my home clean & tidy
– Assisting me to attend appointments/ go shopping
– Assisting with pushing a manual wheelchair on dog walks
– Able to commit to flexible rostering to cover annual leave or short-term absence of other team members
– Empathetic and caring companion
– Be eligible to work in the United Kingdom
– Excellent communication skills – must have fluent written and spoken English
– Able to learn & to meet my specific needs
– Reliable with good time keeping skills
– Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
– Hygienic and well presented
NB Due to the intimate nature of some aspects of this role, this position, under the Equality ACT 2010, is subject to an Occupational Needs Exemption, so that only Females should apply.
Star Support For You is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. Therefore, all applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Experience preferable but not essential, but must be willing to develop appropriate competences/ skills.
If you feel you have the required qualities and wish to apply for this post, please send us your CV together with a covering letter.
I use a recruitment company called Star Support for You Ltd. They will send you an application form and a medical form. These should be completed and returned to be considered for an interview.