Verastar provides an environment full of opportunities for those who want to forge a career and gain experience that enables future progression. Established in 1998, Verastar supplies essential services such as utilities, telecoms and financial services to the small business market. The Company’s customer base includes c. 10% of the UK’s small businesses. Verastar disrupts established market sectors by providing a wider range of services, a higher quality of customer care and a lower price than industry incumbents.
We have grown considerably since 2005 and currently serve over 100,000 micro SME’s with a diverse and expanding workforce of over 900 staff across 14 offices to support our customer base. We have exciting plans to further grow our team and are now looking for proactive, highly motivated and talented individuals to join our team.
As part of a range of initiatives to further strengthen the Operations Support team, we are looking for a Performance, Reporting & Operational Insight Lead to build a new team responsible for analysing current operational performance, developing insight where none exists and developing recommendations for improvement to deliver in-year value. This is an exciting time in which we will not only be evolving and strengthening the Operations Support function (which includes responsibility for customer order processing, in-life operations, such as metering & settlement, Forecasting & Planning and Continuous Improvement) to drive a step-change in performance, but we will also be managing and delivering significant industry-led changes, including the roll-out of Smart Meters and next generation telephone services.
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager you will lead a team of Operations Analysts in analysing current operational performance, developing insight and reporting where none exists for a range of stakeholders and you supporting the development of a pipeline recommendations for improvement. You must be able to demonstrate a logical, structured, methodical and data-driven approach to assessing situations; a natural aptitude for problem solving and a rational approach to determining the root cause of a problem and its impact; and the ability to clearly and concisely structure and articulate arguments, supported by data and your analysis.
- Establish and lead a new team of Operations Analysts creating a new function to provide insight into operational process, performance and customer experience
- Create and deliver engaging performance reporting and data insight across Operations
- Engaging with senior stakeholders develop and introduce new reporting materials and solutions aligned to the evolving operation
- Provide effective analysis and interpretation of data and performance trends, through clear and precise reporting to senior stakeholders
- Ensure performance KPIs are achieved through the analysis of contact rates, cost to serve, process failure rates and customer information
- From detailed analysis develop a pipeline of candidate improvement initiatives, support the forecasting of their impact and support the tracking of benefits realisation in collaboration with the Continuous Improvement team and the wider Operations team
- Manage team and individual performance through coaching, training and regular assessments of performance
Skills and experience
- Experienced manager with track record in building and regenerating teams and driving significant operational change, supporting their growth and development
- Ability to set and deliver against performance targets;
- Experience of leading teams of analysts and adopting and deploying best practice approaches;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills including advanced Excel skills including data manipulation and the use of complex logical and lookup formulas, charts and pivot table and chart functionality;
- Experience of data visualisation using data analysis, reporting and BI tools to develop customer insight;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and deliver results to agreed timescales;
- Ability to approach a situation or problem in a structured, methodical and logical way to enable effective problem-solving and cost-effective decision-making;
- Ability to clearly, concisely and compellingly articulate, in both written and verbal forms, the problem, what the analysis shows and what the recommended response could be;
- Dynamic presenter and able to engage audiences, including senior stakeholders;
- STAR Bonus Scheme (Up to 10% salary bonus per year)
- Up to 33 days holiday per year
- Annual pay review
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Regular subsidised social events
- Company pension Scheme
- Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme
- Work for an Investors in People accredited company
- Last Friday of each month – Pizza for Lunch
- Funding for external training courses through the training support scheme
- Verastar Rewards Scheme
- Gym Discounts
- Holiday Discounts
- Discounts with major retailers
Click ‘Apply’ today to take the next step in your career.
£25,000 - £30,000 Per annum