Are you an experienced engineering or power generation performance improvement professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Performance Improvement Manager to join the team at our Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre (GRREC), on a full time basis.
The Performance Improvement Manager will ensure that GRREC and other Energy Recover Facilities (ERFs) are brought up to the design standards of availability, reliability, throughput and generation efficiency, consistent with an overriding priority for safety and environmental compliance.
You will assist the local ERF management in preparing, understanding, managing and utilising relevant performance reporting and Key Performance Indicators. You'll ensure that Defects and other causes of underperformance are properly reported and described, their root causes are properly investigated and resolved.
The Performance Improvement Manager will make sure that potential solutions to the root causes of Defects and other causes of underperformance are identified, assessed and costed with justified recommendations for the preferred solutions, working in conjunction with Engineering & Maintenance, Operations, EPC contractors, Owners' Engineers and other relevant specialists.
Additionally, you will ensure that Viridor's position with respect to warranties and potential commercial claims is preserved as far as possible.
Our ideal Performance Improvement Manager:
- Mechanical, electrical and control/instrument engineering experience is essential
- Experience in engineering and maintenance of process industry or power plants
- Extensive and proven knowledge of the process, steam and electricity generation plant
- Legislative knowledge within the waste industry
- Use of continuous improvement techniques
- Experience of working with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Experience of structured problem-solving techniques applied to complex technical issues
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline
- Strong analytical ability to address technical issues
- Proven motivator with strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to work in diverse teams
- Full UK driving licence
Rewards and Benefits:
We are offering the successful Performance Improvement Manager a competitive salary and a package including a company car, contributory pension scheme, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Car and Benefits