|Job Title||Pensions Actuarial Manager|
|Service Line Information||The KPMG Pensions team has been growing significantly, positioning us as one of the largest specialist corporate pensions advisers. This incredible growth is expected to continue over the next year and beyond and we are looking to recruit outstanding individuals with a commercial edge. |
There is a wide variety of work available - many of our projects are bespoke and unique and being an expanding business means that the opportunities are there for you to find your niche in the team.
The roles can offer unrivalled fast-track progression within the company through the manager grades including director and partner level. KPMG Pensions will offer you the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities where you want to use them and will tangibly recognise your efforts. This will be through competitive remuneration and promotion opportunities, as well as other recognition such as encore awards, celebratory team drinks and away days.
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Roles and Responsibilities
In the pension’s team we deliver professional pensions consulting advice on a wide range of corporate and Trustee pension issues. Projects include:
- Pensions strategy projects such as benefit change and scheme design
- De-risking projects such as buy-outs and buy-ins, liability management exercises
- Helping clients with the pensions aspect of Mergers & acquisitions involving both UK and international pension arrangements
- Supporting the audit teams in auditing the actuarial aspects of financial statements
- Producing accounting numbers to go in the financial statements on Company accounts
Irrespective of the project you are doing you will be expected to do the following:
- Be responsible for production of technically excellent and consistently accurate calculations with clear audit trail
- Be responsible for high quality deliverables addressing key client issues
- Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines
- Take responsibility for and manage projects / audits (including appropriate delegation fee analysis and billing)
- Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance
- Show awareness of commercial issues and apply this to identify potential opportunities for clients
- Look for opportunities for direct internal and external client contact
- Qualified Actuary
- Current experience working in the UK pensions industry
- Good understanding of UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients
- Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach
- Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance
- Contributes to the development of others
- Seeks opportunities to develop internal KPMG network and knowledge of other areas of the business
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy