An opportunity has arisen for a PCV Mechanic to join our Runcorn depot, reporting to the Workshop Manager working on a 4 on/4 off shift pattern.
We are a
leading coach operator, located in North West England, with an enviable reputation
for providing quality, reliability and value for money based on over 40 years’
experience and we are part of the world’s fifth largest transport company RATP.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the examination, preparation and presentation of PCV vehicles including a modern fleet that are due for MOT and DVSA inspections as well as monthly inspections to ensure compliance to DVSA standards.
- General maintenance of vehicles, which service the National Express, Private Hire and Schools contracts.
- Keeping full detailed documents to ensure proof of compliance.
- Attending vehicle breakdowns.
- Ideally, you will hold a relevant professional qualification (NVQ3 or equivalent in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance) although consideration will be given to applicants who hold the relevant skills and qualities via experience.
- Excellent awareness of health and safety.
- Experience of working in the industry and familiar with DVSA and MOT requirements
What we will provide you with:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per year
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Company Pension
- Staff loans (length of service qualifying period)
- Opportunity to meet new people