PCV Fitter / Engineer / Mechanic
£14.52 per hour
We are looking for a 'can-do', enthusiastic and motivated individual who works well as a team player but who gets the job done, working under their own initiative, to help service and repair our large and varied fleet of 250 vehicles at our state of the art engineering workshop in Bolton.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor on shift, your focus will be vehicle fault diagnosis and repair, servicing and parts replacement.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced PCV Fitter to join the team, we would consider recently qualified individuals because ensuring we have the right team members with a positive attitude is key and we have the capabilities to train and develop individuals. Don't worry if you have had limited exposure to vehicle types, training will be provided. However, candidates from backgrounds in related fields, such as the truck / haulage industries within an engineering setting, will also be considered.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will be required to work shifts, including weekends and cover colleagues during periods of annual leave and sickness.
The shift pattern is 5 days on over 7-day period, 9.5hours per shift, 30 minutes break (unpaid). Shift times are;
Early - 5am - 3pm
Late - 3pm - 1am
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of vehicle types
- Diagnosing and rectifying all types of vehicle faults, using diagnostic equipment
- MOT preparation
- Repair all vehicles as required to company and DVSA standards
- Maintain and complete vehicle and Company documentation
- Liaising with the parts department to attain correct parts
- Ensuring health & safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 3 HGV City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a qualified Fitter/Mechanic/Engineer
- Possession of PSV Licence or be willing to work towards acquiring this.
- Competitive Salary
- Free employee travel pass scheme