Part-Time Payroll Administrator required for excellent permanent opportunity in Normanton. This is a key position within the finance department and therefore requires a highly self-motivated individual who has the desire to succeed.
Working closely with and supporting the Payroll Manager (and other part-time Payroll Administrator) to ensure the smooth running of the payroll function.
- Processing high volumes of starters, leavers, contractual changes and pro rata payments
- Managing payrolls from start through to completion and processing of RTI returns
- Accurate and timely processing of seven growing monthly payrolls with around 1100 employees
- Perform manual tax and NIC calculations
- Maintaining manual and computerised employee records and associated administrative procedures
- Administration of pensions (auto enrolment) and benefits, including PMI and CCVs
- Dealing promptly and professionally with employee pay and tax queries
- Production of monthly spreadsheet reports and management information as required
- Respond to requests from HMRC and other Third Parties
Essential Skills required:
- A minimum of two years solid payroll experience
- Must be up to date with current HMRC legislation
- Confident user of payroll computer systems
- In depth understanding of tax and NIC issues and ability to perform manual calculations and answer tax queries
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, prioritise issues and adapt to an ever changing workload in a fast paced organisation
- Must have excellent numerical strengths and faultless attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel and other Office package skills
- Good understanding of Auto Enrolment Pensions
- Excellent communication, administrative and telephone skills
- Confidence and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Be proactive and motivated to meet changes and developments head on
What’s in it for you?
- Free staff parking
- A competitive salary of £18,000 - £22,000 gross per year (salary will be pro-rated based on part time hours)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Part-time hours, Wednesdays to Fridays
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
This is fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to continue their career working with a leading and energetic organisation that's part of a very successful European business.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date of the advert, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
No Agencies Please.