Job Title - Payroll Accountant
Hiring Manager - Compensation Accounting Manager
To fully support the Compensation Accounting Manager to cover all aspects of Payroll Accounting primarily for the EMEA operations of the BGC Group.
The successful candidate shall make an important contribution to the continued development of the Compensation Accounting team whilst constantly raising the bar in terms of quality and control.
- Reviewing and processing on a monthly basis all payroll related accounting entries in the GL
- including salary, bonuses, partnership distributions, dividends, stock sales and cash breaks.
- To ensure the integrity of Comp related P&L and Balance Sheet on a timely basis across the EMEA operations of the Group through monthly analytical review and reconciliations.
- Working closely with HR/Payroll to ensure all relevant information is obtained on a timely basis to help determine correct accounting treatment.
- Work closely with Senior Compensation Accountant to ensure all Payroll Accounting matters are closed out on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the RAG repot on a periodic basis.
- Ensure related FX exposure is managed, controlled and reported on a timely basis.
- Work closely with counterparts in US/Asia on relevant matters and share best practice.
- Assist auditors through timely responses to queries.
- Ensure integrity of confidential name detail information.
- Being proactive and always keen to champion change by identifying and implementing improvements in the Payroll Accounting process.
- Support Compensation Accounting Manager on ad-hoc issues.
Skills / Experience Required
- The candidate should have a strong academic background (preferably working towards an ACCA/CIMA qualification). Previous experience gained within the UK financial services industry and/or Compensation Accounting would be advantageous.
- A control mentality coupled with excellent accounting, analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, organise and prioritise.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders throughout the Group with view to developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Possess a pro-active attitude with an ability to take responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong MS Excel skills (including vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs and charts).
- Prior experience with Essbase and Oracle General Ledger preferable.
- Other Microsoft Office applications.
- The successful candidate will require excellent personal presentation and have confidence operating in a competitive work-environment and can handle challenging situations sensitively.
- Proactive and adaptable, able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to evaluate issues and situations to enable timely decision making with little need for upward reference whilst escalating matters as necessary on a timely basis.
- Self-starter unafraid to ask questions and seek answers.
- Willing to take ownership, work without close supervision while also being a team player.
- Able to use judgement to challenge the status quo and implement changes to improve processes.