Job Description SummaryCompetitive salary and package
Flexible working with visits to the Winnersh office a few days a week
The delivery of safe patient care is a golden thread that runs through healthcare. ‘First do no harm’, is a basic tenet of medicine and yet avoidable harm continues. Advancing safety – both patient and for the healthcare worker is at the heart of what BD associates, BD products and BD services can deliver. We want to ensure that no patient or healthcare worker suffers avoidable harm that we might have helped prevent. This is an exciting opportunity to help BD change culture and practice and advance the world of health by connecting and enhancing the recognition of BD as a leader in patient safety.
Working across the UK and Ireland business, you’ll be responsible for helping deliver our overarching long term Patient Safety strategy . This newly created marketing role reflects the importance of this. The Patient Safety Marketing Manager will report into the BD Country Marketing Leader for the UK & Ireland and be an experienced marketer. This role will require the successful candidate to be a pro-active self-starter, able to engage and work across the BD Life Science, Medical and Interventional businesses, supporting functions and European safety leads . The role will lead the co-ordinated execution of the patient safety strategy both internally and externally.
Joining BD will provide the opportunity to develop your career in a global healthcare organisation, where you will be able to learn about the multiple BD businesses as well as health tech industry whilst developing your marketing skills alongside other people who are passionate about what they do and why.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and co-ordinate the Patient safety program strategy. Deliver robust reporting and structured program management that aligns to overall UKI objectives.
- Dedicate time and interaction with Key Opinion Leaders, external partner organisations, marketing & field based teams to sense the market; identify macro trends in patient safety, and developing impactful market insights.
- Support external comms campaigns in particular in the digital sphere.
- Connect with wider BD UK and as appropriate i.e. European marketing, Sales & Clinical; Share trends, competitor activity, change in environment, feedback from the field, takeaways from projects & initiatives.
- Lead and run external Patient Safety conferences, events, and in line with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Lead and handle Internal Patient Safety Initiatives for all UK associates, ensuring effective and consistent communications and materials sustain momentum. Develop internal campaigns and broadcast achievements and external successes.
- Collaborate closely with European Marketing to ensure alignment of Patients Safety strategy, utilisation and localisation of collateral and materials.
- Operate as an influencial member of the Country Marketing team, working with our creative, digital and communications team to share insights and influence activity across BD.
- Engage with senior leaders and public policy to seek out direction for Patient Safety strategic direction to develop the UK country strategy and convert to executable plans.
To be successful in this role, a marketing qualification or equivalent experience is crucial, together with previous experience in medical marketing and a real grasp of a wide range of medical / clinical realities. Ideally you will have had experience of a wide portfolio of products, or experience in a number of different therapy areas.
Key experience required:
- Passion and enthusiasm for healthcare and marketing
- Knowledge and experience as a healthcare product marketing manager or equivalent
- Digital marketing campaign content development
- Experience with project / program management
- The ability to work and learn as an efficient, reliable and flexible team member
- The ability to influence others and create and present robust business plans
- Excellent organisational skills, with a sharp attention to detail
- Creative flair to bring fresh ideas to the broader team and the role
- Excellent written English communications skills
- Ability to work on a diverse range of tasks, working to deadlines
- Willingness to accept and act on feedback
- Ability to handle multiple projects with numerous partners
- A degree in marketing or graduate level equivalent
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Register on our careers page so you never miss an opportunity. http://emea.jobs.bd.com