A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver it, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
The Marketing Store was THRILLED to recently be announced as O2 Priority’s partnership agency of choice. Priority is the jewel in O2’s impressive crown, the centre of their commitment to become truly customer centric. And as the telecoms sector continues to evolve, Priority will be one of – if not the – key strategic focus for the business.
To welcome this new client to The Marketing Store, we’re looking for an established Senior Partnerships Director to join our new team. Building on your existing network of contacts, you’ll identify and engage with strong partners that deliver and satisfy the client’s marketing and business need. You’ll use the team around you to activate key relationships whilst implementing the pitch strategy, creative ambition, and executing against partner profiling, negotiation, and management. This is an opportunity not only to be part of the most enviable partnerships accounts in the world, but also to help build and mentor the department into a true power-house in the industry.
We will be an important strategic player for O2 - setting the Priority vision for the next 6 months (and next 6 years); solving O2’s and partners’ genuine business challenges; providing innovative thinking and innovative creative ideas. This is a truly awesome opportunity to be a part of a team who will create and build customer experience solutions that drive fame for O2 Priority.
Finally, we guarantee that you will leave changed. Because we help our people to achieve their goals. Come her to experience. To experiment. To make mistakes. To challenge your own limits.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
You have a wealth of contacts and knowledge of how the partnerships industry works and how to secure the best in-class deals. As Senior Partnerships Director, you will be responsible for guiding and working with the Partnerships and Account team on executing exciting loyalty and promotional marketing initiatives that enhance the overall customer experience. You are passionate about building strong relationships with partners, enjoy mentoring and grooming junior team members, and deeply understand how to think creatively to problem solve partnership endeavours.
Digging deeper on the details
- Develop strong relationships with brand partners across multiple sectors from idea, sourcing and partner reach out, to negotiations, contracts and ongoing relationship management
- Seek out new categories and emerging brands to engage; innovating new means of profiling, pitching, and negotiating targeted partners
- Proactively work to identify new opportunities to deliver fresh and relevant partners; – proactivity will be key to the success of this account
- Plan, pitch and handle complex negotiations involving deal structure, margin and other critical contract terms
- Ensure meticulous and actionable evaluation reports are carried out on all campaigns and partnerships
- Collaborate and work closely with the UI/UX agency, proactively proposing areas that can add value to the business while always ensuring the best possible customer experience of Priority
- Nurture relationships that enable TMS to act as an extension of the O2 Priority team
- Build rapport with partners, expertly managing and nurturing existing relationships used in current campaigns; assist Account team with day-to-day delivery as needed
- Drive partnership performance and maximise partner relationships relative to the client brief; proactively work to evolve offers with existing partners
- Keep partner offerings and client programmes fresh and market-leading by working closely with external partners and maintaining awareness of their new proposals, products, services, mechanics and marketing objectives
- Implement partnership technology and maintain working knowledge of partner performance data to develop future partner structure recommendations
Team Management and Agency Leadership
- Work with the Director of Partnerships to set up a partnerships hub with The Marketing Store Chicago to share best practice and innovation across the network
- Responsible for executing and guiding team on brainstorming, researching, and completing marketing research projects
- Manage the performance and development of team members in line with the agency’s process including hiring, motivating, training, and mentoring
- Build and support the growth potential of your team, and clearly delegate appropriate responsibilities
- Work collaboratively and share best practices with colleagues across the wider agency to build your own ‘team’ across campaigns - given this, empathy is key
- Actively manage direct reports to ensure profitability of client partners through effective financial planning, forecasting and management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Strong knowledge and experience with digital promotions across food, retail, entertainment and gaming with brand contacts
- Brilliant storyteller that can create narratives to sell in partnerships to brands and O2
- Solid experience in an agency-side partnerships role, as either Partnerships Manager or Senior Partnerships Manager level
- Proven success in delivering high-quality branded partnerships campaigns
- Experience analysing, synthesizing, and utilising data to make recommendations that drive engagement
- Experience working with a data analyst, or willing to embrace and learn from
- Strong creative and strategic thinking skills with demonstrable track record
- Experience interacting and building relationships with C-levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with/and ability to understand complex business objectives and effectively communicate intelligence and strategy to client, partners, and internal teams
- Strong relationship management, time, and project management skills
- Prior experience collaborating with, mentoring and managing internal and external teams
- Excellent presentation skills (writing, reviewing and delivering) and ability to strategically position decks that tell the client story and proposal.
And we’d love you to
- Demonstrate lateral thinking, negotiation nous and tenacity
- Ask the questions that others don’t
- Enviable negotiation skills, business and financial acumen
- A researcher - someone who enjoys digging into prospective brands to learn their business, key contacts, new products, upcoming initiatives and objectives to help assess fit and the right sales approach
- Detail-oriented, highly organised, creative and a resourceful individual
- Flexible and hard working - used to working to deadlines under pressure
- Good at reading a room; adapting style to fit and influence the appropriate audience
- Someone that always has their finger on the pulse, constantly maintaining their knowledge of the industry and relevant business trends
THOSE EXTRA PERKS!
- ‘Your Hours’ – flexible working for all around a core hours structure
- 22 days’ holiday standard (increases year on year with service)
- An additional three days for the Christmas period
- Your birthday off and £50 cash on us!
- 3% Company pension contribution
- Private Health Cover with AXA PPP
- Dental cover with Denplan
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus
- ‘Bike to Work’ scheme
- Life Assurance at four times your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Long Service Bonus at 5, 10, 15 years
- Socials and sports teams