The key focus of the role will be supporting the EMEA Partner Management team with the product, tax and technological aspects of the technology partner prospecting process, and facilitating the design, development, and certification of partner solutions using Avalara services. This role will directly coordinate with Avalara’s North American Partner Launch team. The candidate has a background in technology, project management, documentation writing, and is partner facing.
It is a very dynamic and varied role with a lot of interesting day-to-day engagements including the duties listed below.
- Provide functional and technology demonstrations of Avalara products during technology partner prospecting/acquisition.
- Work directly with technology partners building integrations to Avalara’s suite of products.
- Conduct solution tests on partner integrations ensuring all requirements are completed and the integration functions properly.
- Verify all required evidence for certification and badging is collected from the technology partner.
- Problem solve technology partner issues.
- Provide support for North American Partner Launch team.
- Provide support for Partner Management, Sales Engineering, and Marketing staff as an integration subject matter expert (SME).
- Collaborate across teams to identify integration information needs.
- Create and streamline documentation to accelerate the integration build process for technology partners.
- Be the Voice of the Partner to Product Management, Tax Content, and Engineering teams.
- Deliver presentations and workshops at technology partner events.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Indirect tax software experience would be an advantage.
- Sales and Use tax experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Application Programming Interface (API) skills.
- Technical problem-solving skills.
- Technical writing, with a focus on developer and user documentation.
- Programming skills an advantage.
- Sales/billing transaction application expertise.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Knowledge of VAT compliance and reporting software and processes.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com