- Are you adaptable, flexible, and caring towards others?
- Do you want to take your first steps into social care, or maybe work in a different setting?
- Would you like a job where each day brings a new challenge?
If so then we want you to join us as a Support Worker!
We support people 24 hours a day in different ways depending on their needs. We work with people to be independent, and to lead the lives that they choose in their communities. Each day will be different and full of amazing interactions with the people that you will be working with.
Job Summary and Duties
We need dedicated Support Workers to work with adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. This is also a great opportunity for carers (HCAs) looking to work in a different setting.
We currently have full time, part time and casual opportunities to join our team in Bute.
Being a support worker means that you are integral to the day to day lives of the people you support, helping with various activities such as assistance with personal care, jobs around the house, planning and preparing meals and maintaining health and well being. As well as the routine things, you will also support on days out to the park, going for lunch, day centers and much more - the possibilities are endless!
Skills and Experience
Being a driver is desirable, you will need to be able to work flexibly across a 7 - day rota to include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, weekends. In addition, waking nights and sleep-ins.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support and those that have not previously worked in care will be supported with completing the Care Certificate.
Affinity Trust don't just offer fun and rewarding careers but also a range of benefits:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays), pro rata
- Competitive pension scheme
- Discount scheme for shopping, days out, groceries and much more
- Employee assistance programme
- Occupational Health Support
- Paid for DBS
- Funded Training
Be the difference, change lives
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, which will be provided by Affinity Trust. Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
£81 per sleep-in shift