The function of the Service Administrator (maximum 30 hours)within our Bruker Daltonics division is to provide cohesive, administrative and operational support to the in-house and field-based UK engineers. This is a diverse role based in Coventry and the successful candidate will need to have experience of using SAP, and will need to be able to effectively schedule engineer visits and order parts for repairs and process invoices.
The primary objective is to play an effective part in maintaining the Bruker Service Teams’ reputation for unrivalled customer support and optimum customer satisfaction.
The position reports to the Service Manager , who will agree expectations, allocate resources and set day-to-day priorities.
The position is based at our Coventry office. Residence within a reasonable commuting distance of the Coventry office is a condition of employment.
Hours of work area maximum of 30 hours per week, .over 4 days with a degree of flexibilty of the working pattern.
Working as a member of a team in a busy environment for Bruker Daltonics, general duties will include:
- acquiring and maintaining a good working knowledge of all major departmental administrative support procedures and processes
- pro-actively assisting in the maintenance and improvement of existing administrative procedures and processes
- sharing of tasks with administrative colleagues as a matter of routine and when situations demand
Other duties, specific to the particular operational activity, include:
Service Support BDAL
To ensure that requests for support made by customers are efficiently and effectively handled to the satisfaction of the customer:
- receiving incoming calls from our customers
- logging calls onto our computerised call tracking system, MS Dynamics
- directing support request to appropriate technical support staff
- maintain system warranty list using MS Dynamics and SAP
- quote for service contracts on expiry of warranty and on renewal
- maintaining service contract spread sheet
- maintaining service contracts within MS Dynamics
- handling of communications by mail, fax and email
- processing and tracking of stock, loan and exchange parts
- monitoring and updating Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Processing of engineers’ weekly reports and service documentation
- Invoicing for service contracts, service parts, labour and travel
- Group reporting
To ensure that the administration work of an intensely customer-oriented service team is efficiently and effectively handled to the satisfaction of customers and the business:
- design and use of spreadsheets to organise, record and analyse service agreements, schedules and costing information
- collating, analysing and reporting statistical data for management purposes
- preparation of general correspondence, memos, reports and complex documents
- general office administration, upkeep of various registers, distribution, collection and collation of miscellaneous documentation within and between departments
- maintenance of department diary and engineers’ call plan
- Accurate record keeping and preparation of documentation is pre-requisite.
To carry out the duties to the level expected, the minimum competencies are:
- a high degree of personal integrity
- a confident but pleasant and patient telephone manner
- self-motivation and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal
- smart, clean and presentable in appearance
- team player and adaptable to change.
- high standard of oral and written English
- knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- knowledge of MS Dynamics
- knowledge of SAP
Skills and Experience
- excellent communications skills, good articulation and a high standard of spoken English
- previous experience of SAP is advantageous
- keyboard competency
- a well developed and responsible attitude with an enthusiasm for helping others
- reliability and a sense of purpose in seeing things through.