P/T HR Adviser, WTE Salary £34-37K + bens, role split between our Theale Office & Clients Offices.
The HR Dept Ltd provides the complete range of outsourced HR Services to small and medium sized companies in and around Reading and the Thames Valley. The work is extremely varied. We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to work part-time (circa 21 to 25 hours per week). There may be the opportunity to increase hours in the future. The role would currently be split between our office in Theale, providing ad-hoc support to any of our clients; and time spent at two of our clients’ offices providing in house HR support to them each week. Our clients’ offices are based in Berkshire & Buckinghamshire, and one day a week is currently spent in Central London.
General HR support:
- Provide advice and guidance to clients on a range of HR issues either by telephone, email or face to face.
- Manage casework such as disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, sickness absence or performance cases.
- Build strong working relationships with clients.
- Produce Employee Handbook and Contracts of Employment for new clients.
- Update existing Handbooks and Contracts of Employment in line with legislative changes.
- Maintain records for client advice in line with company procedures.
- Actively seek opportunities to build client base to include networking etc.
- Keep abreast of changes in employment law.
Specific in-house client support:
- Regular meetings with managers to provide on-going advice and support on employee relations situations and team management.
- Payroll - providing input each month into payroll, checking changes for accuracy, and liaising with payroll regarding any queries and ensuring approval by clients.
- Pensions - Ensuring clients are adhering to pensions auto-enrolment legislation and inputting into Pensions Regulator; ensuring employee contributions are accurately calculated and managing correspondence to staff.
- Management of HR toolkit (our cloud based HR information system) on behalf of the Client, ensuring information is kept up to date, and providing advice and guidance to employees and managers with any queries. Using the tool to manage holidays and absence.
- Employee benefits - liaising with benefits providers over provision of cover: employee insurance policies and private medical insurance. Ensuring benefits provision is accurately reflected through payroll. Employee correspondence and administration - offer letters and contracts, settlement agreements, resignations, salary review letters, contract amendment letters, bonus letters, expression of wish forms, employee onboarding and departing; reference requests.
- Update company handbook according to legislative changes and company requirements.
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- CIPD qualified to Level 5
- Significant experience of managing ER issues
- Good working knowledge of Employment Law
- Ability to communicate at all levels either face to face or in writing
- IT competence in Microsoft Office programs
- Good organisational skills
- Customer focussed
- Proactive and able to work with limited supervision
- Experience of drafting and amending Employment Contracts and Employee Handbooks
- Commercially aware of HR needs of SME’s