- 12 month temporary contract
- Growing and dynamic global tech company
- Small friendly global team and an awesome culture
Phocas helps companies turn manufacturing, distribution, and retail data into results. Our award-winning software provides customers with insights that help them make more informed, data-driven decisions, improving efficiencies, and boosting their bottom line.
Phocas isn’t just loved by our customers. We also have some of the happiest employees going around! In fact, Phocas ranks #1 in G2 Crowd, has a 4.9/5 rating on Glassdoor, and appears in Deloitte's Fast 50, and in 2019 Phocas won the Culture.
Transformation Award from Human Synergistics in recognition of our constructive and positive culture.
About the role
Our brilliant accounting team is currently looking for a hands on, detail oriented Credit Controller, to join our awesome Finance Team on a 12 month temporary contract.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensure Cash Generation into the business is maximised each month and aged debt is minimised
- Negotiate payment plans with debtors
- Chasing overdue debts by telephone and email
- Liaise and work with Account Managers where required, to assist in the collection of debt
- Ensure that all customer queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Liaising with the Senior Management Team to report on customer account status
- Attend Credit Control team meetings to discuss outstanding issues and collection performance
- Maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required
At Phocas, it isn't just about having the experience, skills, and qualifications that make someone successful. Culture, Attitude & Ambition play a massive part. Therefore, to be a successful member of our Accounting Team, you will need to have;
- 2+ years’ experience in credit control role
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, and accounting software programs
- Proven success in managing aged debt to keep it at a minimum
- Self-starter with an energetic, flexible, and proactive approach
- Have experience with Microsoft GP, (or similar financial package is advantageous), and proactive approach
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise workload
- Strong decision-making skills and solid problem solving in conditions of uncertainty
- Strong numerical and negotiation skills
- Professional, confident, and diplomatic when liaising with customers
- At all times demonstrate confidentiality and conscientiousness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Resilient & Resourceful
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with tight deadlines and demonstrates flexibility
We expect results at Phocas, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your 5 weeks paid vacation, workplace pension, you can look forward to:
- Fun / Fulfilling: Awesome culture and meaningful work
- Money: Competitive pay and a chance to share in our success.
- Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your own
- Growth: Opportunity to be more – for you and the business
- Wellness: We believe in a real work life balance and have a strong family orientated culture
- Career Journey: Take you skills to the next level with access to advanced training material 24/7
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.