Cigna Global Health Benefits, a division of Cigna Corporate, is a leading provider of group healthcare programmes for expatriate employees of large multinational organisations and their families. With over 25 years’ experience in this field, we have established businesses in the USA, UK, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, France, Sweden, Benelux and the Middle East. Reporting to the Claims Team Leader, you will be responsible for the efficient and timely process of all Dental/Vision and Medical claims as received from providers/partners, clients and members.
This is an exciting part-time opportunity to join a global business on a fixed term basis for a period of 3-6 months. This is a home-based role, working 17.5 hours per week covering back-shift hours.
- Adjudicate international medical/dental and vision claims in accordance with policy terms and conditions to meet personal and team productivity and quality goals.
- Monitor and highlight high cost claims and ensure relevant parties are aware.
- Monitor turn-around times to ensure your claims are settled within required time scales, highlighting to team senior when this is not achievable.
- Respond within the time commitment given to enquiries regarding plan design, eligibility, claims status and perform necessary action as required, with first call resolution where possible.
- Interface effectively with internal and external customers to resolve customer issues.
- Identify potential process improvements and make recommendations to team senior.
- Actively support other team members and provide resource to enable all team goals to be achieved.
- Work across European business in line with service needs.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks as required meeting business needs.
This is the perfect opportunity for ambitious individuals who have capacity for a short term commitment.
We want people to draw on their life experience, personality and individual talents. Broadly speaking, we look for:
- Ability to meet/exceed targets and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Preferred if English and Arithmetic qualification gained.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication to internal and external clients.
- Strong customer focus with ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work under own initiative and proactive in recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage workflow to meet individual and team requirements
- Ability to exercise judgment.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.