We are looking for a part qualified accountant to join our finance team in Tamworth. You will have responsibility for the day to day operations relating to accounting, providing support and cover to the 2 part time finance assistants as well as supporting the Finance Manager.
This is a part time role and we will consider applications between 25 to 30 hours per week.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in month end process and preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist internal and external auditors with queries
- Assist in maintaining an organised finance department ensuring records are stored and maintained appropriately
- Regular GL accounts reviews on payables and receivables
- Assist in year-end process
- Provide cover to the Finance Manager as and when required.
- Reconcile spending with budget, analysis of costs
- Process payroll, pension and benefits updates
- Provide cover for AR and AP
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments
- Work within the confines of the General Data Protection Regulations; respecting the rights of Data Subjects and ensuring that personal data is processed and described in the Company’s Data Protection Policy.
Skills and Experience
- Account management experience with an understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- AAT qualified or part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent experience.
- IT literate with working knowledge of Excel and sound knowledge and experience of using finance systems.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrable numerical skills.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
From construction to agriculture we are transforming the way companies are doing business. We are headquartered in Livermore, California USA with our European head offices in Capelle a/d iJssel, the Netherlands (topconpositioning.eu) Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. Its brands include Topcon Sokkia, Tierra, Digi-Star, RDS Technology and NORAC.
See how we are changing things: https://www.youtube.com/user/TopconToday