You will be tasked with assisting with the production of the Monthly Management Accounts from start to finish, including:
- Purchase Ledger - includes checking, processing and making payments on all invoices received
- Sales Ledger - includes raising all quarterly fee invoices and other ad-hoc invoices and ensuring payments are received.
- Nominal Ledger - includes monthly journals, monthly employee expenses (cash/credit card via on-line portal, and travel), and processing and reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Maintain the company Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation of monthly Prepayments and Accruals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations (including cash, currency, and intercompany).
- Preparation of weekly Cash Flow forecasts.
- Assisting with annual budget and forecast preparation.
- Reconciliation and preparation of the quarterly VAT returns
- Assistance with preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Preparation of the year-end audit file and draft financial statements, and main point-of-contact for the auditors.
- Preparation of working papers and draft periodic regulatory returns
You will be a graduate with a 2.1 or 1st Class degree in a relevant subject and be actively studying towards your ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualification.
Previous experience within investment management or financial services desirable.
Excellent accounting fundamentals up to month end balance sheet ledger
Desire to do a broad accounting role managing everything from ledgers through to month end processes.
Happy to work in a small finance function.
Competitive salary, study support, extensive benefits package and generous annual bonus.
Working as part of a small corporate finance team, your role as the Assistant Accountant will be to cover a broad range of accounting activities from ledgers through to assisting with the management accounts production. Based in Central London. Investment Management firm.