Job Title: Paraplanner
Job Sector: Financial Services
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £55,000
Job Reference: LS/20205
About the Company:
My client is a Chartered Financial Planning Practice and Occupational Pension Specialist with clients situated across the South of England. They currently manage close to £13bn AUM with an emphasis on long-term tax planning, investment and pension advice. Their aim is to be a leader in the financial planning sector, with a view to improving the standards of advice and for financial planning to become a recognised profession. Currently employing circa 40 employees who combine their knowledge and expertise to deliver a professional and technically competent service.
They are searching for an experienced paraplanner to join their team. The aim of the role is to support clients and financial planners throughout the financial planning process.
Paraplanners will prepare appropriate packs and necessary paperwork prior to client reviews, research products and help to select the most appropriate for the respective clients’ needs. The role holder is expected to contribute to the design and updating of suitability letters as well as maintain regulatory knowledge and comply with FCA regulations and company policies.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience working as a Paraplanner. A minimum of CII Diploma status is required and ideally you will be Chartered or actively working towards.
- A comprehensive knowledge of pensions and investments.
- Good understanding of compliance processes and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, numerical and IT skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent report writing and written/verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational, time management skills and effective caseload management.
- Experience in the financial services industry, working for an Independent Financial Adviser.
- Ability to work on own initiative, sometimes for long time periods.
- Professional, ethical and discreet.
- Ability to build and maintain ongoing client relationships.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
The salary on offer is up to £55,000 depending on experience, qualifications and record.
- Excellent company benefits package including a non-contributory Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness and Death in Service.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Regular company social events.
- Charity days.
- Excellent culture, promoting employee wellbeing and engagement.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.