Legal Operations Specialist
Operations Specialist within Legal Services and Software
Sector- Technology, Law, Legal, Graduate, Operation, Paralegal, Project Manager
Location- Central London or Cambridge
Salary & Benefits- £27,000 to £30,000 basic + Phone + Laptop + International Travel Opportunities
Job Type- Legal Operations, Full-time, Permanent
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate who has experience in a law firm, possibly as a Paralegal, to join the market leading disruptive technology firm within the legal profession.
The legal operations role is a versatile position within the organisation, touching sales, support and project management of our Discovery clients. As part of the role there will be opportunities to travel to clients around Europe and potentially further afield.
Ideally suited to a Law Graduate who is excited by a fast-paced role working on the cutting-edge of the legal industry. It is perfect for candidates who love face to face work and are keen to have a role that has with strategic importance, within not only in the company you work for, but also for major international clients.
Launched in September 2016 and already in use on six continents, the company's document review platform offers lawyers greater insight at unmatched speeds.
The software builds on ground-breaking machine learning and pattern recognition techniques developed at the University of Cambridge to read and understand legal language. The technology is used by law firms and in-house teams in over 40 countries around the world to improve processes such as due diligence, compliance reviews, property lease abstraction and eDiscovery.
They have offices in London, Cambridge, New York, Chicago and Singapore, with Sydney, Australia due to open in the next 12 months.
The Legal Operations role:
The legal operations role is a versatile position within the organisation, touching sales, support and management of our Discovery clients. During the lifecycle of a Discovery project, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding the client?s problem and helping show them how best to configure the software to achieve their goals most efficiently.
- Coordinate with the client the upload and analysis of their documentation into the product
- Provide training to clients in how to use the product most effectively
- Maintain regular contact with clients and provide support where necessary to ensure the customer is able to achieve their goals
- Interface with the development and technical support teams to ensure any technical issues are resolved
The Ideal Candidate for the Legal Operations role:
Bachelor's or Master's Degree from a good university with a 2:1 or above
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written, along with excellent organisational skills
- Experience and proven ability to work autonomously and in a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the legal technology field.
- Experience of customer-facing activities (pre-/post-sales) as well as knowledge of the legal technology industry is desirable but not essential.
- Experience communicating with both technical and senior management is desirable but not essential.
£27,000 to £30,000 + Phone + Laptop