Outset is looking for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant within its Commercial Property team to provide fee earning assistance to the Property Team.
Since 2002 Outset has been delivering professional services, differently. We have always taken pleasure in challenging the status quo, always look for a better way to do things and always deliver the best value we can for our clients.
We strongly believe the old ways of providing legal advice are outdated and no longer suit the needs of the fast-paced business world in which we operate today. Our clients often need support in other areas and therefore legal advice shouldn’t be provided in a vacuum.
We’ve built Outset around these extra requirements to make sure we are giving our clients a fully integrated service, offering innovative solutions and practical application. We never just provide a list of options and masses of paperwork. Instead, we add real value through suggestions and recommendations that are constructive, balanced and focused on achieving the best outcome.
We are currently going through a period of exciting change and experiencing rapid growth. Our aim is to continue growing our team and services to add further value. We are proud of our long-lasting partnerships with clients – a testament to the quality of our service and focused business support that we continuously strive to deliver and we are proud of our approach which our people are central to.
About the Role
The key accountabilities and responsibilities of the role include:
- Liaising with clients both over the telephone and face to face in a helpful and professional manner
- Providing commercial property corporate support by attending meetings and liaising with the corporate/commercial fee earners
- Instructing and liaising with surveyors on behalf of the client
- Raising property searches, ordering titles and documents held at HM Land Registry and reviewing and reporting on the same
- Obtaining copies of planning permission
- Obtaining indemnity policy quotes and arrange for the policy to be put in place upon completion if required
- Assisting with Land Registry Requisitions
- Assisting with the maintenance of legal template documents
- Assisting with property related queries regarding due diligence information
- Drafting and dealing with ancillary documents
- Time recording efficiently against individual matters
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Educated to minimum of degree level/related legal qualification
- MS Word
- Excel – good working knowledge
- PowerPoint – good working knowledge
- Outlook (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Literate and numerate
- Confident telephone manner
- Salary: c£18,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter.