Are you an experienced Paralegal looking for a new challenge with a top 50 law firm?
If the answer is YES, keep reading as we have the ideal role for you. BDB Pitmans are seeking a Family Paralegal to join our team in Cambridge.
At BDB Pitmans we recognise that our staff are what continues to drive our business forwards, which is why we can offer you a competitive salary, 25 days annual holiday and excellent benefits package available from day one:
- Contributory pension
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
This is an excellent opportunity to get experience in highly personal, fast paced and varying area of law. In your new role, you will be actively contributing to some interesting cases that make a real impact on families' lives. As a Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting legal advisers in the department with family law matters and administrative tasks
- Preparation for court such as court bundles and briefs to counsel
- Where suitable, assisting associates with the preparation of court applications and witness statements
- Attending court with counsel when needed.
- Collating and administering case papers and correspondence
- Responding to matters for key clients, often with short deadlines
- Liaising with the courts, barristers' clerks and other professionals when needed
- Opening new files and closing old ones
- Providing general support to the team
- Undertaking legal research
- Assisting with various other tasks as required.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced family paralegal preferably with experience in a professional environment. As our ideal candidate, you will degree qualified and ideally have LPC or ILEX qualifications. You will also have the following skills:
- Excellent client care skills, with an ability to deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients.
- Reliable and adaptable team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Good IT skills, and the ability to learn the use of new IT packages where required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
Why work for BDB Pitmans?
It's our people that really make BDB Pitmans unique. We have a vibrant and dynamic culture of talented and passionate people who share our values and are united in their commitment to delivering outstanding outcomes for our clients. Bright, friendly, proactive, energetic and forward-looking, our team currently numbers 73 partners and around 468 people.
We have a creative, collaborative and supportive environment and we offer outstanding career opportunities for the brightest and best.
BDB Pitmans the home of talent. Do you have what it takes to join us? APPLY TODAY to register your interest in the role of Family Paralegal!