Making a difference. That's what a career at AGCO is all about. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own
AGCO is a global leader focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and infrastructure. AGCO supports more productive farming through a full line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage equipment, tillage, implements, grain storage and protein production systems, as well as related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold through five core brands, Challenger®, Fendt®, GSI®, Massey Ferguson® and Massey Ferguson® and are distributed globally through 3,150 independent dealers and distributors in more than 140 countries worldwide. Our diverse product line, global reach and technological solutions help our customers not only survive today’s changing landscape, but to also prosper. Visit www.AGCOcorp.com for more information.
Paralegal – Contract Management
An exciting opportunity to join the in-house AGCO legal team working across a variety of commercial matters including assisting legal counsel with drafting, reviewing and advising on Distribution Agreements and associated legal documents; maintaining the distribution contract management system and instructing and liaising with external legal counsel in respect of contentious issues where necessary. This role requires a confident, highly organized, self-starter who can work with a variety of internal clients from across the business at all levels. Additionally, this role will provide administrative support to other members of the Legal team and EME Legal Director.
Position Purpose & Responsibilities:
• The Paralegal role is to provide legal assistance for various commercial agreements including distribution and dealer agreements, logistics agreements, NDA’s/ MOUs, component supply agreements, authorisation letters, direct sale agreements, licence agreements and Cooperation Agreements.
• Experience using precedent documents as well as confidence to draft simple agreements under the supervision of Legal Counsel.
• Delivering efficient contract management to the business by the proactive maintenance of the EME distribution agreements both through the online contract managing tool and the archiving system.
• Assisting Legal Counsel with a broad mix of legal advice, given to several departments within EME in conjunction with other members of the EME Legal team.
• Conducting effective legal research, preparing reports and advice notes
• Instructing outside lawyers for advice on legal issues arising within EME, in liaison with EME Legal Counsel.
• Co-ordinating Product Liability claims against AGCO.
• Dealing with ad hoc queries received into the Legal team in a timely manner.
• Providing general Company Secretarial requirement in EME including, preparation of board minutes, appointment and removal of company officers, preparation of annual returns preparing and completing all necessary filings at Companies House.
• Providing other departments, such as Tax and Treasury, Finance, etc with information on recent appointments and/or termination of directors and secretaries for entities in EME.
• Maintaining the hCue entity management database.
• Responsible for the day to day administration as required by the Legal team, including managing contract signing, arranging meetings, taking minutes, filing and post.
• Highly organised approach to work and ability to work under pressure, in a varied and fast paced legal environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Legal qualifications or equivalent
• Contracts negotiation and amendment experience
• Understanding of the Law and ability to make suggestions
• Strong communication and stakeholder management
Be part of our UK office which supports AGCOs Europe, Africa and Middle East Region and is located on beautiful parkland setting in Warwickshire. State of the art offices provide a pleasant working environment and all the facilities you would expect from a progressive global organisation.
We have over 30 nationalities working within our UK Operation to support our customers’ global needs. AGCO is an exciting Company with a rapidly changing and growing environment and attaches great importance to the provision of continuous personal learning and development.
We offer the following benefits:
• Basic salary: Competitive
• A company performance / Individual performance related bonus (up to 10%)
• Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (The company contributes up to 10% for a 5% employee contributions)
• Life assurance and critical illness cover for Pension members
• 26 days holidays + statutory holidays
• Holiday trading
• Retail discount scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Confidential Employee Assistance Programme for employees and their immediate family
• On-site parking
• On-site restaurant
Employee development and growth is part of our company culture. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an inspiring multinational environment for a leading global player of agricultural solutions, we look forward to receiving your application!