PALLET NETWORK TRAFFIC PLANNER
£23,000 - £28,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications
We are looking for a dynamic person to join our busy pallet network team in the New Year. Previous experience of planning, routing and loading rigid vehicles for a pallet network operation will be required. We need a candidate with good practical problem-solving skills, and an ability to manage drivers and situations that present.
- Cost-effective and efficient vehicle routing for deliveries that meet service level requirements
- Ability to plan daily loads for around 15 vehicles
- Interacting with customers and depots providing a high level of customer service
- Managing drivers, ensuring they remain compliant with Driver's regulations but also the pallet network requirements
- Production of loading manifests with clear instructions to the warehouse
- Effectively use resources to create the best solution to meet the customer needs
- Ability to price jobs as per pallet network tariffs
- Record and manage any service failures and insurance claims relating to damaged pallets
What we're looking for:
- Positive 'can-do' attitude that leads drivers, and provides reassurance to customers and our networks' other depots
- Knowledge of transport planning and routing software, as well as transport database software and pallet network online portals
- Good geographical knowledge of local postcodes to our depot (within a 30-mile radius)
- An early starter with good communication and negotiation skills
- High degree of numeracy and accuracy
- An ability to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced and pressurised environment.
- Problem solving skills - able to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Self-motivated, with the ability to progress chase other depots and departments to get results
Whilst an LGV licence, management qualifications and professional CPC would be advantageous, this is not essential, as we feel a thorough practical understanding of the industry and a 'can do/will do' attitude is more important.
We are a well-established general transport Company operating a fleet of approximately 70 vehicles throughout the UK.
Monday to Friday 5.30am - 16.00pm
Alternate Saturday mornings 7am-11am
To be considered for this Pallet Network Traffic Planner please click apply now!