MediaCom – Paid Search Planner Buyer
Overview of job
We are looking for a Paid Search Planner Buyer to join the Business Unit 2 (BU2) team, working across a number of exciting brands including Mars, Bayer and Groupe PSA.
With Digital and Search sitting at the core of the Brands marketing and media strategies, our team and client performance focus is to achieve efficient and incremental growth as well as cross sell opportunities with existing customers. With an impressive clients media budgets, data capability and ambitious business vision, the role provides a great opportunity to be involved in advanced automation and audience product testing, leveraging market leading platforms that puts our clients list ahead of their competitors.
Our Planner Buyers are responsible for the day to day planning, management, optimisation and reporting of paid search campaigns to deliver client growth, and efficiency targets.
They are self-motivated and able to manage their time effectively, as well as operationally proficient and with solid knowledge of search principles and how the market operates.
They’d also have good knowledge of other digital channels and how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix.
Our team has a unique and exciting setup where Specialists and Planning team aim to form one cohesive entity, bringing the best of both worlds in one - more than just collaborative, we are a joint team – ensuring we deliver the best results for our clients, and we grow together.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Search Senior Planner Buyer, with the team overseen and supported by Team Manager and Associate Director.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on well-known brands such as : Pedigree, Whiskas, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Citroen, Berocca, Clarityn.
- An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach, whilst being progressive in the search space.
- A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns, and has fun along the way.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Fully implemented a weekly reporting and optimisation routine that provides the best opportunity for performance improvements.
- Overseen the optimisations scores and developed an understanding of their impact and meaning for the client accounts
- Developed strong relationships with the PPC and wider Digital team and internal stakeholders.
In six months, you would have:
- Worked closely with Senior Planner Buyer and senior team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Achieved all relevant channel certifications e.g. SA360 and GA360 and implementing this knowledge into best practice on your products
In 12 months, you would have:
- A complete understanding of the clients’ businesses and the ability to input into shaping search strategy according to both, business needs and the market as a whole.
- Become an extension of the clients’ digital teams, providing added value across paid search and beyond.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the Senior Planner Buyer and team leads with search insights, tests and innovation.
- Share learnings and best practice with the wider search community.
External and Internal Communication
- Day-to-day communication (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media owners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the guidance of the Search Team Manager.
Search Experience and Knowledge
- Solidpaid search specialist experience
- Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards strict targets, with an understanding of brand awareness.
- Up to date with Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising developments
- Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets may change
- A keen interest in understanding other media lines and how it works in conjunction
- Able to meticulously follow processes, from budget management to brief responses
Technology and Systems
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360 and GA360 in particular)
- Savvy user of automated account management systems and processes (such as ad copy changes, bid management, reporting)
- Responsible for the accurate booking and reconciliation of activity using Prisma
What you will need:
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- Strong attention to detail in everything you do, including plans, platform set up & optimisation, reporting & finance
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- Positive, proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving
- Detailed knowledge about granular account optimisation in line with KPIs
- Ability to give account recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
- Accurate, clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Experience with performance clients is preferable
- Experience in handling the financial side of account management
- A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face
- Passionate about all things digital, and keen to learn
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. In addition to LBG its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Direct Line Group, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
In June 2018 Mediacom went through a restructure that resulted in the agency being put into seven Business Units made up of billings between £100m-£250m, consisting of a mix of different sized accounts. Within these Business Units there are a range of teams from buying (marketplace), implementation planning (connect) and planning. This reorganisation has helped to improve service to clients by becoming more agile and integrated, made it easier for everyone to do their jobs and has given people more opportunity to learn different skills and grow their career. This role sits in Business Unit 7, headed up by one of the Managing Partners, Mark Wallace.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report. MediaCom also won Agency of the Year at the Media Week Awards 2018.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUKFollow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en