When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for disease, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
In this key role, you will identify, develop and implement, medical device packages that meet the needs of clients and Thermo Fisher operations
What will you do?
- Work with clients and project leaders to identify package requirements.
- Work with client, supervisors and equipment engineers to optimize package formats.
- Develop and communicate detailed packaging bills of material.
- Develop and gain consensus on packaging component specifications with input from client, vendor, operations and quality.
- Work with Document Services and client to develop packaging records.
- Work with client and copy coordinator to develop labeling requirements and specifications.
- Work with client and project or account manager to ensure approval of packaging records.
- Support Project Teams and improvement projects.
How will you get here?
- B.S. in Packaging, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Bachelor’s degree in another field and extensive experience with medical device / pharmaceutical packaging.
- Broad general understanding of medical device / pharmaceutical packaging processes and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging equipment functions.
- Understanding of pertinent GMPs and SOPs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer facing experience with the ability to work closely and appropriately with clients and internal departments to gain consensus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Functional knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.