A little about us
Our bakery is located in Broxburn near Edinburgh in Scotland. We have a team of 8 people working around the clock to provide coeliacs all over mainland UK with delicious treats.
With our many years of experience within the baking and food industry we have gained an insight into individual preferences (Just because you're coeliac doesn't mean you can't be fussy!) and have therefore been able to develop a range of breads and cakes that appeal to coeliacs and non coeliacs alike.
At Wheat Free Bakery we make it our mission to provide everyone with great tasting products that won't affect the wallet !
More About the Role
To work within a team of bakery packing assistants to package and dispatch our range of gluten free bread, rolls and confectionary products to dispatch quality bakery items and maintain the high level of customer satisfaction currently being achieved.
Here’s What You Can Expect to be Doing
• Packing various bakery products.
• Using modern machinery and technology throughout the process.
• Completing of documents and records accurately.
• Package and dispatch safe, good quality food by following instructions given in accordance with Company quality and food safety policy and regulations
• Carry out department tasks in accordance with departmental processes ensuring quality standards are met at all times
• Take personal responsibility for all food products that are dispatched
• Use various types of machinery safely when trained and authorised
• Support and maintain the cleanliness of the department and the production areas
• Undertake regular training to ensure that own personal knowledge is current
• General housekeeping, clean as you go policy
• Moving equipment such as trolleys, racks and pallets safely
• Working 2 out of 4 days sometimes including 1 weekend day.
A Few Things About You
• To be positive and organised individual, capable of working in a team environment or on their own initiative
• Be able to communicate well in a busy warehouse environment.
• To be able to prioritise and manage workloads effectively to meet deadlines
• To be a positive and organised individual
• Appreciation and understanding of allergens and cross contamination.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English is essential
• Level 2 in food safety and hygiene would be preferable, but training can be given.
• Previous experience working with food is required.
• Experience of working in a fast paced, similar environment is required.