- Requisition ID: 222809
- Relocation Authorised: National - Single
- Project: NS&E UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
This position is for a Package Project Manager who will work a multi-year United Kingdom (UK) nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi-billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Area Project Manager;
- will take responsibility for delivery of a significant project (or sub-programme) within the programme expected to have a capital value of around £100M.
- receives functional and operational guidance from the Project Director.
- provides direction to operational support resources allocated to the project.
- Maintains contact with Client representatives and maintains management level relationships with design and construction contractors supplying to the project.
Essential Job Duties
- Directs assigned project team, includin arranging for engineering, procurement, cost engineering, and other services from other BechteI units; directing field activities; maintaining client relations; controlling schedules and budgets; and participating in contract and subcontract negotiations.
- Serves as the Project Manager on a significant project (or sub-programme) within the programme expected to have a capital value of around £100M.
- Participates In the planning, staffing, scheduling and budgeting of projects and reviews and approves recommendations submitted by the functional leads in these areas.
- Monitors the progress of the project with respect to schedule, budget and client satisfaction. Directs project teams in the solution of major problems, taking appropriate corrective action when required. Makes frequent visits to the field in this regard.
- Serves as the focal point for the detailed coordination of project activities. Provides day-to-day co-ordination across an integrated team of Bechtel and Client resources in order to achieve overall project objectives.
- Performs performance evaluation, career counselling, salary administration and other personnel actions inherent in managerial positions.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction and other project related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Broad general experience and education; rotation through and exposure to several departments.
- Proficiency and experience in:
- Project Management
- Construction and engineering management
- Change control management
- Contract administration
- Staffing, estimating and budgeting & scheduling
- Administration and management
- Business development
- The successful candidate will have;
- attained significant experience in delivery of nuclear infrastructure projects within an operating site environment
- delivered at least one project through the complete lifecycle concept, preliminary, detailed design, construction, start-up and handover
- experience of collating and presenting business cases for successive stage gate approvals at board level
- served as project manager on at least one project greater than £30M.
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Experienced in the NEC3/NEC4 form of contract in role of Project Manager.
- Will have served in role at PM within an EPC/EPCM delivery model.
- Strong communicator – oral and written.
- Demonstrates effective collaborative and wider nuclear safety culture behaviours at all times.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.