Castleton Commodities International (www.cci.com) is hiring a P&L Analyst for our London Office.
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of Profit and Loss (P&L) on a daily basis. The candidate will be interacting closely with commercial teams and other functions of the company. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high growth/fast-paced environment with exposure to Oil, Natural Gas and Power trading.
- Generation and maintenance of daily P&L and gross margin reports.
- Operating several daily processes such as valuation models and end of day runs.
- Daily reconciliation of complex trading strategies, identification of the origin of valuation differences while adhering to strict daily deadlines.
- Analysis and attribution of daily P&L valuations.
- Responding, in a timely manner, to inquiries from management and trading personnel relating to differences between trader estimates and the official P&L.
- Collaborating with different functions (traders, schedulers, confirmations, …) to correctly model transactions in ETRMs and resolve issues that may affect the daily P&L.
- Perform mark reviews against third party sources to validate trader marks.
- Assist in the reconciliation of the trading activity throughout the complete trade lifecycle
- Develop ad-hoc position and/or valuation reports.
- Develop tools to gain in operational efficiencies through process automation.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Energy Commodities trading essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of Energy Markets and Risk Management.
- Past exposure to European Natural Gas, European Power and Oil liquids preferred.
- Knowledge in principles of option pricing and storage valuation methodologies.
- Understanding of key concepts in Foreign Exchange exposure.
- ETRM experience with Triple Point products preferred (CXL, Tempest).
- Demonstrated technical skills in Python, VBA and SQL.
- Previous experience in business intelligence and reporting tools (Crystal Reports, Tableau) preferred.
- Excellent quantitative, statistical and analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills, ability to extract and analyze root cause, ability to take the right decision in a timely manner.
- Very strong work ethics and high level of integrity, ability to appropriately escalate issues.
- Ability to communicate precisely, clearly and with the right level of details with all managerial levels
- Ability to manage autonomously ad-hoc projects from beginning to end, while ensuring a timely delivery
- Bachelor's degree required, MSc. preferred.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or a related fields preferred.