Hello! We are Swish Fibre, we are an ultrafast fibre start up with ambitious growth plans. With £250m investment we will now commence on to build of Swish Fibre’s first state-of-the-art 10 Gigabit per second full-fibre network.
Systems Engineer(OSS & BSS)
So you’re wondering what you’d be doing? Here it goes….
• The identification, development and delivery of improvements to process, platform and technology used to deliver services
• Systems Engineer will work with company stake holders to identify changes or new systems and solutions. Support and lead the development of requirements through the design process into deliverables and then the final delivery along with testing and training of end users.
• The Systems Engineer will determine the appropriate application architecture, making technical decisions regarding the solution and focusing on how...
• Systems Engineer will look after OSS/BSS integration, taking responsibility for the interaction and automation
• Systems Engineer will make sure 3rd party solutions/developments commissioned are fit for purpose and adhere to company standards
• Recommending architecturally viable solutions and seek systems that can be leveraged to meet the business requirements and automate and improve ways of working
• To be aware of and participate in processes, support systems and procedures for those involved with OSS and BSS systems
• To assist in the implementation and maintenance of processes and procedures for redundancy testing, software back-ups, etc, in order to optimise the availability of systems.
• To fully support and participate in Change Management and in the Operational sign-off of new features and functionality. Where appropriate, initiate Change Requests that will improve the efficiency and operability of the OSS platforms.
• Maintain operational readiness through participation in regular exercises.
• To participate in ensuring that appropriate mimic changes (etc) are scoped and deployed to accurately reflect changes of equipment on sites.
• To implement solutions which will optimise performance of the Operational Support Systems and BSS Systems and their ecosystem
• Analyse and report on significant incidents and faults affecting Operational Support and BSS Systems, and support others in this as necessary.
• Provide progress reports as required for governance purposes and support the development of accurate OSS, BSS forecasting and capacity management.
• Responsible for Design and Develop Report, Apply transformation for the Data Model, Data validation, establish data relationships in Power BI and creating supporting documentation for Power BI.
What are we looking for?
• Experience in the design, delivery and management of OSS and BSS for telecommunications systems.
• Experience in OSS/ BSS domain applications or COTS
• Experience within the Internet / Telecoms / Fibre industry - Design authority experience is a must
• Experience of network service orchestration.
• Experience of integrating disparate systems using REST APIs, NETCONF and YANG data models.
• Good base understanding of networking, including GPON technology.
• Ideally knowledge of GIS platforms
• Working patterns required will be normal business hours and as part of an on-call rota (currently 1 in 3)
Who are we like? Currently a team of 50, we have a great strategy in place and we are all working hard to make things happen every day. We’re a start-up, small enough to know each other but important enough to make yourself heard. We have a great culture, we believe in being adventurous, straightforward and be together. Does this sound like you? If so, do let us know if you’re interested and send your profile to us. It would be great to hear from you. Thanks and stay safe!
excellent benefits, commission+ competitive salary