McGregor Boyall are working with our long standing FS client based in Glasgow who require an Oracle DBA to join their growing Database team on a permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to be a key member of the Database team and you will be responsible for overseeing a massive distributed database which is key to business performance. The hiring manager requires a candidate with previous experience as an Oracle DBA (5+ years) with knowledge of the financial space would be preferred but not essential.
- Provision of technical support for the Oracle database environment.
- Act as the Oracle Subject Matter Expert (SME) during the development and enhancement of production applications, including working with internal clients during the design, development and implementation activities.
- Continually assess database performance to ensure problem areas are highlighted and mitigated quickly.
- Provision of KPI reporting to senior management.
- Act as a review function for all changes and updates made to production databases.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends (where applicable).
- Technical Oracle database administration skills (versions 10g - 12c).
- Supporting MS SQL Server Environments (2008 - 2014)
- Knowledge of performance monitoring through, and configuration of, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c.
- Previous experience with configuring and administering databases on a virtual platform.
- Strong experience with the migration and upgrade of Oracle databases.
- Performance tuning of Oracle databases.
- Previous experience of supporting Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Knowledge of Data Guard.
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£40,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year