A leading independent glazing lab based in Buckinghamshire are looking to recruit a full time Lab Manager. The company supply lenses to Opticians all across the UK and are known for their quality and outstanding customer service.
Lab Manager - The Role
- Successfully manage the production teams in: Warehouse, RX, FI, Glazing and Despatch
- Direct and co-ordinate weekly activities consistent with established KPI's, personal objectives and company policies.
- Identifies production and service risks and develop contingency strategies.
- Must continually challenge all current processes and implement improvements where identified. Manage methods to generate continuous improvement ideas, higher ROI and workflow optimisation whilst ensuring compliance with UK statutory requirements.
- Mentor, guide and manage performance for direct reports in line with company policy.
- Maximizes productivity and improves production staff flexibility with all available training programs.
- Follows targets and projects set by Operations Director.
- Provides Operations Directors and other department heads with operational information e.g. regular reporting on reject reasons/defects/types.
- Inputs to the annual budget and evaluates monthly costs to ensure they remain within budgetary limits.
- Works closely with Maintenance and QA Manager to improve quality and service.
- Works closely with customer service to avoid late jobs and maximise customer satisfaction.
- Keeps abreast of technological/optical developments and how these impact on the business
- Carrying out any other duties as requested or as is necessary with a willingness to be flexible with working hours to respond to the needs of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring employee, visitor, contractor, members of the public's health and safety within the production area.
- Recruits for direct reports, with the right skills required for the open position and future cross training.
Lab Manager - Requirements
- Significant and demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience of handling multiple tasks and projects within tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience of working with different production methodologies e.g. LEAN manufacturing.
- Familiarity with optics' quality and systems, concepts, practices and procedures is a strong plus
- Understanding of order processing & customer service operations.
- PC Literate
Salary and Additional Information
- Salary between £35,000 to £45,000 including bonus and additional benefits
To apply for this role please your details across to Rebecca Wood on or call 0114 238 1726 for more information
£35,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year