Kimberly-Clark Flint are keen to identify speculative candidates for potential Operator roles to support a regeneration programme at the site.
Our aim is to compile a rich talent pool with the view that, as positions become available, we will be able to first contact those candidates that have registered their interest through this process.
The Flint Site has two manufacturing facilities. The Flint Mill is the European manufacturing centre for Huggies® wet wipes and The Coleshill Mill is a Tissue Manufacturing Operation part of the KCP business. The Site is operational 24 hours a day 365 days a year, with a highly skilled and motivated team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
These roles are both Mechanical & Electrical Operators with basic standardised maintenance skills with all the competencies and attributes of a multi-skilled Operator.
- You will adhere to all safety policies and principles - and have a level of competence to the SOP standard in all areas within the production process.
- Have a general understanding and competency in all aspects of safety including hazard identification, risk assessment, COSHH and incident investigation.
- You will be aware of the site EHS Management System, and able to articulate your role in adherence to it.
- You will be able to carry out all production related tasks within an entire production line to an advanced level, and have basic operational skills in a second production line.
- You will be able to carry out standardised basic maintenance tasks within the production process to address problem issues and as part of on-going preventative maintenance requirements.
- You will be able to identify quality issues within own areas and escalate where applicable.
- You will be able to identify and resolve problems within own work area including those issues which require mechanical or electrical intervention at in process level.
- You will be able to maintain your work area to the defined standards, and will be a role model for lean manufacturing techniques.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL HAVE:
- You will have a GCSE in Maths and English, and be educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent, within a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- You will have an advanced knowledge and understanding of general manufacturing processes, ideally from a papermaking or converting technology & processes, however this is not essential.
- You will be self-motivated and conscientious to detail in the work they carry out.
- You will have good verbal skills and have a good standard of communication.
- You will be interested in self-development and willingness to invest their own personal time in further study.
- You will be a strong team player and able to effectively build trust within the team.
- You will be versed in the idea of the customer and will recognise the aspects of quality within the production process.
- They will have an interest in basic engineering, and have a proactive approach to identification and resolution of minor engineering tasks.
- They will be organised - ensuring their work area is maintained to a high standard, and will have a problem solving approach to work seeking to improve wherever possible.
Working at Flint
Flint; in the county town of Flintshire, is located on the River Dee in North Wales, approximately 202 miles north-west of London and 12 miles north-west of Chester. The town has a population of around 16,500, and is a busy town which at one-time was an important port. There are some notable historic buildings, including the remains of its 13th-century castle which was largely destroyed during the Civil War, and it is a good base from which to explore the North Wales coast and, inland, the Vale of Clwyd and Clwydian Range.