With expertise spanning the Commercial and Defence sectors, Teledyne e2v pioneers industry-leading innovation and technology around the world. We provide standard and custom RF and Semiconductor solutions that meet our customers’ exacting performance needs and specification requirements. Our unique approach to the market and our genuine understanding of the application challenges that can occur – from initial concept right through to manufacture – enable us to help our customers optimize their system’s performance, reliability and cost of ownership.
The Operator is responsible for contributing towards and maintaining the output against customer orders on the production line in various manufacturing tasks. These tasks will consist of assembly, processing and operating different pieces of equipment.
The role will also involve working alongside Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Quality and Equipment Maintenance so strong communication skills are essential.
This role also attracts a shift allowance and the working hours are:
11:00 - 19:00 on Tuesday - Friday
07:30 - 15:15 on Saturday or Sunday
There are several accountabilities that will be assigned to this role and they will include:
This role will have an accountability to manufacture in the following ways:
- Achievement of personal production targets.
- Build/Process products using the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintaining key operational metrics determined such as On Time Delivery (OTD)
- Manufacturing in line with our standard times to build a product
- Being able to identify constraints on the production line
- The ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Managing your own time and work load effectively
- Interacting with our SAP ERP system to allow data capture on production orders.
This role will have a responsibility to adhere to and maintain the housekeeping of the production area to a high standard, the responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a clean, clear and safe personal production area daily.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a clean, clear and safe production area.
- Adhering to pre-defined visual standards for the production area.
- Partaking in housekeeping improvement activities.
- Partaking in cleaning activities for the area on a daily basis.
Skills Learning and Training
This role will involve the agreement of learning new skills as requested. The responsibilities will include:
- Attending mandatory training sessions.
- Learning new skills through the formal training process.
Health and Safety
This role will require a responsibility and an accountability to contribute towards the Health and Safety culture of the business, the responsibilities will include:
- Adherence to the Health and Safety policy.
- Assisting in Risk and COSHH assessments when necessary.
- Attendance and completion of mandatory training
- Reading, understanding and complying with ALL relevant Risk and COSHH assessments
- Highlighting hazards and concerns when you come across them using our formal process.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
This role will require strict adherence to the various quality standards determined throughout the production line to allow us to improve and maintain the Quality metrics. The responsibilities will include:
Adherence to various inspection points and data collection defined in the SOPs
Accommodating Engineering changes to resolve quality issues when they arise.
- Raising issues to your line manager when you discover the issue.
- Raising improvement ideas on a regularly to improve the quality of the production line or the product itself.
- Working on your own initiative and managing your time effectively
- Ability to recognise and highlight production issues
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- IT Literate (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills
- Responsibility of delivering to specified targets
- Experience of working within an assembly manufacturing environment
- Some knowledge of SAP or a similar ERP system
- Continuous improvement experience
- A basic knowledge of Lean tools/approaches e.g. 5S, Just-in-Time, Jidoka
- Basic understanding of ISO9001
- GCSE level or equivalent English, Maths, Science and IT