Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
Looking for an individual that exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the global Control Assurance team within the Operations division to conduct Control Assurance reviews of key Operations controls. The Control Assurance team is a group within the Operations Risk Management (ORM) organization, comprised of individuals with varying backgrounds responsible for assessing the design and performance of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) ratings, and works with senior stakeholders to implement corrective actions. The team leverages its experience in financial products, operational functions, operational risk management, markets and regulations to conduct reviews across the Operations Division.
The Control Assurance team, a sub-group of ORM, focuses on performing risk reviews on various teams within Operations. The team performs many different types of reviews such as Process Deep Dive Reviews, Growth Office Reviews, Thematic Risk Reviews and Pre-Implementation Reviews. In addition, the team is primarily responsible for validating the Operations control ratings used for deriving the residual risks in the firm’s RCSA. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work within an international organization located in New York, Salt Lake City, Sao Paulo, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
We are looking for an experienced Operation’s professional to work within the US ORM team.
- Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure that control ratings for control assessments performed in the Firm-wide Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) are reasonable and incorporated into the RCSA program as per the RCSA Standards
- Assess the design and performance of a control to validate the control ratings
- Identify new risks in Operations’ processing for which there are currently no mitigating controls in place; put forward tactical and strategic remediation solutions to mitigate the risks and enhance the control framework
- Conduct risk discovery reviews to ensure risks, especially those with the potential for broad applicability across the division, are effectively remediated through the use of a common set of controls and solutions
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans
- Gather data, perform analyses and document results
- Identify potential compliance and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Meet tight deadlines
- Multi-task – have the ability to work on several different reviews with different individuals at the same time • Leverage strong communication skills to interact with various levels of stakeholders across Operations and externally in other Divisions
- Team with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and operational processes
- Excellent interview, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, analytical and communication skills
- Integrity, motivation, intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must
- Auditing, testing, regulatory/law enforcement or trading experience
- 7+ years experience in the financial services industry, either working for another broker dealer, law firm, big 4 firm or regulator
- Financial instruments product knowledge (a Financial Engineering qualification, CFA, PRMIA or FRM qualifications would be useful)
- Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies
- Project Management experience
- Understanding of accounting
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.