Here at Westfield, we create and operate iconic retail & entertainment destinations in leading fashion, financial and technology capitals across the globe. Our success lies in our leaders and peers’ ability to constantly evolve and focus on where the future of retail is heading.
We are imaginative and bold, always pushing the boundaries to achieve results. Our culture embraces creativity, diversity and progression, nurturing everyone we work with to reach the top of their profession.
We now have an opening for a Operations Manager, Guest Services to join our Centre Management team at Westfield London. The key focus of this role is to lead and manage the implementation of all new products and services within Guest Services, strategically focused on increasing experience and generating more revenue opportunities. You will manage half of the Guest Services team, in partner with the other Operations Manager in the department and be responsible for all Guest Services reporting including weekly snapshots, monthly KPI reports and audit compliant operating procedures.
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Implementation of new products and services within Guest Services:
- Manage all ‘back of house’ operations ensuring all services are ready to be delivered by the Guest Services team, including, administration of all equipment maintenance, IT systems, stock handling, BOH areas, audit requirements.
- Manage the project planning, implementation and delivery of all new Guest Services Services & Projects.
- Benchmark all existing services in order to provide regular service updates and product development proposals to the Guest Experience Manager
- Identify potential areas of revenue and cost saving initiatives to develop business cases for change or to introduce new products
- Working with the marketing team, and alongside the Guest Services Operations Manager and Guest Experience Manager, provide support in the design and implementation of an annual promotional calendar for all services
- Oversee the delivery of all Tourism-focussed initiatives in the Guest Services Department , including seasonal promotion support, hotel relations, coach services & tax free implementation and retailer training
- Through the Guest Services Executive – Communications & Development, oversee all guest communications and complaints
- Manage and develop half of the Guest Services team and Team Manager to ensure the success of the department with regards to achieving KPI’s and day to day business operations
- Lead on the Training and Development programme, working with the Guest Services Executive – Communications & Development, who will manage and facilitate the delivery
- Ownership of all Guest Services reporting:
- Provide monthly KPI updates on current service level performance against budgets/ targets, and prepare business proposals which highlight service improvement or opportunities for new implementation as and when required
- Produce weekly snapshot reports for distribution to the business
- Maintain an updated matrix of all audit requirements, complete a regular review and update of process documents and ensure adequate training is delivered to support this
We’re looking for someone with…
- Significant experience in management role within a fast paced services environment
- Proven ability to manage delivery of customer services to positively impact revenue generation and service standards, experience in large flagship or department store environment.
- Proven ability in setting and managing operating procedures which enhance customer service level.
- Good knowledge of the Shopping Centre Industry & wider retail industry
- Strong people manager who can effectively achieve results through team.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
We believe our success is created through the core values that flow through our business…Achieves, Collaborates, Innovates and Build Community. We call these values the Westfield Edge. These are personified through the following characteristics in our people;
- Driving forward actions with pace and encouragement of creative solutions - you have a hunger for delivering results.
- An open and transparent communication style with the ability to listen, influence and challenge appropriately.
- The cultivation of close working relationships with peers and teams to drive win-win outcomes.
- A fresh & unrestrictive view on current ways of doing things to stimulate innovation and new approaches.
- Embracing change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain Westfield’s competitive edge.
- The desire and ability to question the status quo and build compelling cases for change while still working effectively within a team.
- Being dedicated, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
Westfield is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people from the widest talent pool and those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We do this by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences.
We are happy to consider applications from candidates who need some form of flexible working, so please ask us for more details.
Please apply now if this is ticking your boxes!