Operations Manager - Days
Bunzl Retail Supplies are excited to be commissioning their new 231,000 square foot facility in Burton Latimer in June 2020 and Cast UK have been chosen as their exclusive partner for their recruitment requirements on site. Bunzl Retail are part of the FTSE100 listed Bunzl PLC. Also operating out of the Burton Latimer site and part of Bunzl Retail Supplies will be Woodway UK, Lightning Packaging Supplies, Keenpac and Classic Bag.
Playing a key role in the management team for the new site will be the day shift Operations Manager. Reporting into the Head of Operations, this role will be responsible for ensuring the site is servicing its customers with best in class warehousing and distribution, delivering on time and in full.
The Operations Manager will lead the day shift for the new site which will incorporate an 06:00hrs-14:00hrs shift and a 14:00hrs-22:00hrs shift on what is now the biggest warehouse across the Bunzl Estate in the UK. Supported by Shift Controllers who will operate on each shift, the Operations Manager responsibilities will include:
- Provide overall management and leadership to the day shift operation which will have a team of circa 35 colleagues
- Ensure staff engagement and welfare levels are positive and in line with mission, vision, and values
- Maintain inventory in line with budget
- Manage workplace and equipment in line with legal requirements
- Manage EHS performance in line with business EHS performance targets
- Identify opportunities to deliver operational efficiencies to reduce operating costs
- Work in conjunction with the night shift Operations manager to develop one way of working across the operation
- Provide support and cover to the Head of Operations as and when required
Skills & Experience Required
- Bunzl are looking for an experienced Operations Manager has who a proven background in introducing and developing operational efficiencies to ensure the shift is productive and cost effect. Being able to demonstrate this will be essential
- Proven track record of managing operational change and delivering operational efficiency and service level agreements
- Strong leadership skills with focus on colleague engagement, empowerment and overall development
- This is not an office-based role. Candidates must be engaged with walking the floor daily, engaging with their team, offering support and guidance, and developing a team mentality. Being able to evidence this is essential.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com