Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Henham, Bishop's Stortford
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience) + Bonus
Summary of Position:
Our client is an independent family-run business of botanical experts, who specialises in the design, supply and installation of office plants and corporate flowers nationwide. They are looking for an Operations Manager to manage the operations and logistics of the floristry department. The Operations Manager will initially have several projects around process and systems to implement, train and sustain.
They will also have ultimate responsibility for the P+L of the department involving operational processes, buying, delivery logistics, HR and the whole customer experience. To develop and deliver a fanatical customer service by highly efficient response times and same day resolutions.
- Responsible for the profitability of the department without sacrificing fanatical customer service.
- Overall responsible for resolving customer complaints.
- Manage staff day to day and plan for growth.
- Plan and manage all deliveries.
- Attend 1-2-1 meeting with MD.
- Carry out weekly team meeting with Buyer, Head florist and Customer service team to plan week and manage queries.
- Present to directors at ‘Focus meetings’ on progress and performance. Focusing on KPI’s and P+L – actuals against budget.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate workload and manpower to ensure targets are met on a cost-effective basis.
- Manage all department staff inc, holidays, sickness, temp cover, freelance.
- Work with the buyer to ensure purchasing is in line with seasonal budget but strong variety and quality is upheld week by week.
- Responsible for customer service team, managing all incoming service calls / emails ensuring all response time KPI’s are achieved.
- Work closely with Head florist ensuring and monitoring quality and creatively of displays is maintained in line with the client’s specific design brief.
- Working with all the team to drive change around keeping the working environment immaculate and safe in line with the company value of ‘always smart’.
- Resolve any and all client queries including, quality, style and all delivery issues in a professional and efficient way – meeting KPI’s – and driving down complaint rates.
- Manage all floristry logistics, including adding new deliveries to rounds, scheduling delivery rounds and managing resources including back-ups.
- Responsible for H&S in the floristry department and delivery vans – ensuring all staff and work areas are safe.
- Carry out employee appraisals, promotions, performance reviews and disciplinary processes if required.
- Work with MD on interviewing and recruiting candidates in line with the company values and culture.
- Compile weekly floristry reports for the management team.
- Develop and constantly improve and implement systems in the floristry dept, to be more excellent, effective and efficient – implementing and teaching improved systems to staff. Particularly as the dept grows.
- Respect company Values and uphold the Mission Statement and ensure your staff do as well.
- Maintain GP against budget.
- 50% same day resolutions. 100% next day.
- NPS client satisfaction score <70
- 100% delivery on time in full.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Substantial experience in logistics and strong understanding of financials
- Lean training certification is highly desirable
- Organized, forward thinking, efficient and pro-active attitude with initiative. Strong passion to implement and improve processes and systems with good knowledge of ‘lean’ and similar process management methodology
- Management of people – full time, part time and freelance workers
- Understand how to read and analyse data and make recommendations to the board.
- Good understanding of computer systems
- Driving Licence